“What happened”

Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great coffee and teas, home made biscuits and cakes, light snacks and lunches using local produce. Specialities include home made scones and tarts, steak burgers, 18 hour pulled pork rolls and many other delights. Oh, and free WiFi for all customers.
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Used to go her quite a lot but hadn,t been for a while decided to go for breakfast wish I hadn,t it was not very nice at all don,t think I will go again

Date of visit: October 2018
Paul C, Owner at Cafe Cappella, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Morning Jamie,

Obviously this review is a little short on details. Would you be able to email me directly on cafecappella@gmail.com and we can discuss what issues you may have had.

I have spoken to the staff who worked this week, due to holidays and illness it has been the same staff all week, and they have not received any negative responses off our customers.

I look forward to speaking to you

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Nice little meeting place for a coffee and a chat. Offers a full range of food for breakfast and lunchtime snacks.
Has a good viewpoint from the top of Sedgley across the staffs Borders.
Nice ambience in a clean environment with friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2018
Paul C, Owner at Cafe Cappella, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the kind review, we do love the views also!

Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband introduced me to this is an amazing cafe. Very warm welcome. Lovely food. We were only going for coffee but stayed for lunch and couldn’t resist a scone followed by another cofffee.
Naughty but sooo nice.
We went on a rainy day but the views across the fields were still stunning. On a clear day you would be able to see the Wrekin. There is a seated decking area which would be lovely on a sunny day. Im going to introduce my friends to this local place. Can’t wait to go again .

Date of visit: August 2018
Paul C, Owner at Cafe Cappella, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Cathy, thank you for your kind review. We love the views as well and we have been known on the odd occasion to sit down and admire them (With a sneaky cake and coffee!)

Can't wait to see you again

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Me and my friend have visited the cafe many times. Not only have we had cheerful friendly service each time but the deserts were excellent. The coffee is a pleasant smooth taste. To top it off me and my friend had our babies the same day, we both breastfed and this was not a problem. Sometimes it’s difficult to breastfeed in public but not here, we both were very comfortable doing it, and any noise from our babies was not a problem even when mine had a tantrum! I only wish the cafe was open sundays as now I’m back at work it’s not possible for me to go during the week anymore and Saturdays are always so busy for me.

Date of visit: September 2017
Paul C, Owner at Cafe Cappella, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Rachael,

Thank You for the kind review, we welcome any and all to the Cafe and encourage a warm atmosphere for parents and children alike, I'm glad you felt comfortable and i'll pass on the kind comments to the staff.

We are currently looking into Sunday Opening so watch this space!

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

This establishment is just lovely;
very clean and a nice relaxed atmosphere.
I took my mother here for afternoon tea and, I must say, it was delicious.
We had a choice of good quality fillings on fresh bread, salad and coldslaw. Then came the beautiful homemade scones, clotted cream & jam, plus delicious homemade cakes.
Oh, I nearly forgot, the coffee was lovely too and plenty of it.
The staff are friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
All in all it was a gorgeous afternoon tea and very reasonably priced.
I will definitely return here for lunch and I would certainly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Dawn I
Paul C, Owner at Cafe Cappella, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dawn, Thank You for the wonderful review. We put a lot of effort into our afternoon tea and its lovely when this is appreciated. I will pass your kind words over to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Paul Chappell