“Bonfire Night Visit”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Visited for bonfire night with family, really nice family friendly atmosphere and whilst it was busy it wasn't uncomfortably packed. With exception of the 'specialty gins' the drinks were a reasonable price and service was relatively quick too. The actual firework display was very impressive and there was a live band providing entertainment for most of the night which was enjoyable. We all had a nice night and agreed it was worth the £4 ticket price.

Only issue was there was only one female toilet for the entire night. This was a sold out event so hundreds of people were expected. To only have one female toilet (compared to the two cubicles and several urinals available in the male loos) is madness which resulted in me and presumably quite a few other women cutting way back on drinks so we didn't have to keep standing in a 20 minute queue to the toilet.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Perfect evening with great bonfire and fireworks really enjoyed it not packed in like sardines and not to long at a bar for a drink. Loved the leaky blinders theme to some great outfits

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Having travelled up from Cornwall to see family we visited with friends on a weekday lunch time.
My mobility is limited and i can honestly say i and my friends were treated like royalty
we had food which was excellent , the surroundings are quirky but facilities are excellent
Nice to go to a pub that isn,t the same as the corporate boring same old same old
Would not hesitate to reccomend and especialy if you are disabled expect to be well looked after.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

It’s worth a visit just for the quirky setting as a one off. It was absolutely dead for a Friday night with a total of 6 people in the whole place. The bizarre thing was, we were told that we might lose our table if the others in our party weren’t on time!!! And it wasn’t a joke! The food was very average and one of the steaks was the worse I’ve ever seen. I don’t think it was the cooking, just the quality of the meat. The staff were good though and the fish and chips was awesome. It’s a really wacky, one of a kind place but I don’t think is worth the money food wise and I couldn’t really recommend it. The place could be amazing with a bit of effort as it has the wow factor building wise but the food just doesn’t hit the mark.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Latics9
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Must be the worst place I have been never used to be in the past visited to show other members of my family yes the building is good and my granddaughter loved seeing the marble go uphill but that is where it ends ordered food was told went to sit down and was told couldn’t sit there even though we had paid asked for money back was told no food was ready when we ordered we was told 15-20 minutes and it was bearly two minutes we had the food if that’s what you call it none of us eat it worst food ever. Staff so rude and not interested spoke to manager after speaking to her can understand the staffs attitude.

Date of visit: September 2018