US$78
US$65
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$140
US$109
US$99
Hogarths Hotel(Dorridge)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$111
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$138
Eden End Guest House(Hockley Heath)
US$99
US$62
  • Restaurant
US$65
2,194 results
All reviewsthe vervevictory publeisure facilitiesclub roommodern hotelbusiness parkswimming poolgreat facilitiesbusiness tripcomfy bedsteam roomwould stay againplenty of parkingleisure clubevening mealstarbucksgym
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Failed at every opportunity to meet standards. 4 STAR, definitely not.

Lift not working, offered service lift - route was unclean to say the least and unsafe, wrong information given so unable to use facilities, no climate control/working telephone and child's bed was broken. Room was too hot for a baby.
No managers around to offer resolution. Skeletal staff on a Bank Holiday weekend.
Baby changing facilities were grim. Toilet vending machines not working.
The list goes on...

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Nathalie W
Heather H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Nathalie,

Thank you for your review.

I do believe that we have already been in contact with your party.

Regards,
Heather

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights over the Easter weekend and there are somethings that the hotel do really well but the simple things seem to lack which is why I've rated it.

The hotel itself is very modern and appealing, as a member of our local village hotel this one didn't dissapoint in terms of look and decor.
On checking in we were dissapointed to be told that our room wasn't ready even though we had arrived past 3pm the check in time that's advised for the room to be ready. When eventually being able to get in our room a few simple things were lacking- no towels, no spare pillows,no tea and coffee or milk and no travel cot as requested on our booking. Although these things were sorted out once mentioned I did feel that these are basic things that should happen and in a hotel this size. We were alsp visited by a member of staff later on in the evening explaining that they didn't know who was in our room and needed to check it as it hadn't been allocated on the system (very odd)
We also had issues with our key cards never working we would often get to our room and one of had to go back down to get it reactivated.

We travelled with our 19 month old and we were allocated a room on the 1st floor the room itself was fine very spacious and great sized tv, bed and modern bathroom.
Unfortunately being on the 1st floor ment that very early in the morning we were woken by music playing from one of the gyms classes it was so loud it prompted me to go down and mention how loud it was for us in our room. The member of staff was very apologetic and investigated as to why it was so loud and assured me it wouldng happen agaim but by this point we were all awake and the relaxing time we had gone away for went out the window.

Breakfast was fab I can't fault it the staff were brilliant great choice, very hot and good quality.

The pool and gym we didn't use but again they looked good.

Starbucks is a great addition to the hotel and we had great service there!

Carpark has plenty of spaces and check out was easy.

Would I stay again- yes I would as the teething issues didn't ruin my stay and the hotels location was good and in general our experience was a good one.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Leanna,

Thanks for the review. Greta to read that there were so many positive aspects to your stay.

On reading the niggly bits that disappointed you - I would say that they are all connected , in that if for some reason your check in failed the keys wouldn't work, cot wouldn't be allocated to the room etc. As part of our CSR to minimise detergent etc we do not store extra pillows in the room as the cases would have to be laundered on each check out irrespective of use. For the same reason we only change towels for stay overs on rotation or request. However that is no reason to not have towels or tea and coffee in your room! I've had another comment about the instructor in our Trip class on the same week end you stayed - so I'm pretty sure his exuberance was not met with applause by our overnight residents!

So thanks again for your review and we do hope to welcome you all back again soon.
Regadrs
Heather

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Lovely modern hotel, much better than travelodge and premier inn. Leisure facilities are fantastic. The rooms are lovely and comfy. Staff were very nice and sorted us out with everything we asked for. We will definitely return soon.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review - good to red you had a good stay !

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed here a couple of times in the run up to Christmas 2017 and it's not a bad hotel overall. There's not a great deal nearby but it's warm and comfortable inside in the main. You will need to like stripes if you're staying here and if you happen to LOVE stripes then this is your perfect hotel. They're everywhere - from the lobby to the lift to the room and even in the bathroom. Few pictures attached for you to smile at.

The restaurant is decent - a little pricey maybe but the food seems nice enough. There was almost no-one in each time I ate dinner here which meant I did get good service from the young bespectacled waiter/manager who I think was called Ross.

I had a few ups and dows; let me tell you about those. On the first occasion, I spect about £2.25 OVER my £20 inclusive dinner allowance and a rather curt note was pushed under the door during the night reminding me bluntly that this needed to be paid before I ledt. I made my feelings regarding the wording of this very clear at reception the next morning. On the next occasion, I managed to go slightly over £20 again, by a similar amount (no note under the door this time) and yet the next morning, there was no-one on reception when I tried to check out and pay!! I waited and waited and eventually my taxi arrived and I don't think I ever did pay. Some consistency in this area would be good.

I wasn't much of a fan of the fake fireplace and library shelves near the resturant (see pic) but I guess that's subjective. Some of you might err, love it.

I was delighted to find ESPA toiletries in the bathroom - my wife uses ESPA and I know the various fragrances very well. However, the strangest thing happened and I shall choose my words carefully here. The ESPA shampoo and hand wash didn't smell anything like I was used to and didn't foam up in the same way either. Maybe it was the water but I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. Someone from ESPA might like to check this out next time they're in the area.... As I say, perhaps the water...

I was woken at around 6am to loud electronic dance music and a man shouting enthusiastically over a PA system. Something going on in the gym/studio seemingly. My room was on the second floor so I can only assume that in the first floor rooms below, directly above the gym, it must have felt a bit like being in Ibiza with Fatboy Slim playing in the club below you.

Despite having an email that confirmed bed and BREAKFAST, on my first visit, I wasn't on the breakfast 'list'. This was a little embarrassing when I presented myself for breakfast and was directed to reception to sort it out. Of course there was a queue at reception so that took about 10 mins longer than necessary but in fairness, it was resolved and eventually there was a somewhat reluctance admittance that my room rate did include breakfast. Same email confirmation the next time - yet a lovely smooth breakfast experience. Again, consistency needed here I think.

Would I stay again? Yeah, it's ok. I'll take my own toiletries next time....

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Daft80sBloke

Dear Daft80sBloke,

Thanks for the review.

Ross will be pleased you felt he provided good service.

Due to feedback about the bill reminders that our nights team used to pop under the doors - we no longer provide these, that would be why you didn't get it a second time - we always have a host available , so they must have been assisting another guest?

The fake fireplace is not a regular feature in our reception - it was there in December as it became a focal point as Santas grotto for the children on Sundays - I'm not sure when you stayed so it could have looked a bit odd if it wasn't completely finished. I'm reasonably sure that if you had seen it when it was complete it would have been obvious why it was there.

On the ESPA front - our toiletries are definitely as it says on the tin if you pardon the pun - they do come in the larger quantities and are decanted - i will have a random test and make sure the right things are in the right bottles.

I have already spoken to Fatboy Slim about his early morning calls and he has been retired to Ibiza.

I take on board your views about consistency and agree.

Thanks for the review.
Daft70sBird

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The staff were very friendly and helped when needed everytime i have stayed i leave feeling very relaxed and happy with the whole stay the facilities are amazing i am looking to return again very soon

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.