“A little gem!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Moved to this area last summer and gradually unearthing the better places to eat. Walked in off the street 8pm during Cheltenham races week,it was rammed but the friendly front of house soon found room for the two of us. Cafe style and open kitchen they served beautiful fresh pasta dishes and pizza too.Prices very reasonable the Primitivo wine is a real classy number. We returned Saturday evening to make sure it was as good as our first impressions and it sure was. Proper italian food from Italian kitchen.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I sometimes wonder what on earth is in reviewers heads when they leave good reviews. This place greats great reviews. It was packed when we visited. However, the food was really poor, overpriced and disappointing. The wine tasted like anti freeze.
Service is good and the owner is delightful, so I had to think twice before leaving this review. Honestly, the food is really indifferent, flabby and tasteless. Small portions. The restaurant feels a bit like a motorway cafe. Unfortunately, we won't return.

1  Thank azure983
D1923, Owner at Zitto E Mangia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I sometimes wonder, how it’s possible to please all the people, all of the time. Then, someone like yourself comes along, making it clear that unfortunately this is not possible...
You are undoubtedly really REALLY difficult to please. My goodness, you have given more 1 and 2 star reviews, than we have 4 and 5’s! Tewkesbury, in your opinion ranks that low, most of us entrepreneurs should shut up shops and change careers!
Well, all I can say to you, is that I’m so so grateful for what on earth is in other reviewers heads...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant on 21/3/18 We had very tasty well presented food. The Italian lady who waited tables was friendly and provided excellent service, she made us feel welcome and although busy she still made time to talk to each and every table. It's a must visit if you enjoy Italian food and was very fairly priced. We will definitely be visiting again and again.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We came in on a Saturday evening,and the restaurant was very busy.After a bit of tooing and froing they managed to find us a space,and I am so glad they did.The Lady host was most welcoming,and very attentive,and the pizza was excellent.The owners clearly take pride in their restaurant,and this comes across in the food and customer service.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I met a friend after work for a much needed supper. The waitress was attentive and so helpful as I arrived early - the seating spacious and comfortable, the table not cluttered and there was plenty of elbow room.
We had garlic bread which was lovely and tasty they helpfully did half and half with the cheese topping.
Mains were huge and we went home with a doggie bag. The food is made fresh and was very tasty - definitely felt I was back in Rome lots of red green and white with the sounds of La Dolce Vita piped in.
I couldn’t manage a pudding but my friend did apparently the Tiramisu was divine.
I will go back again as it was such a nice friendly independent restaurant I can not recommend it highly enough.