“Never lets you down!”

The Old Post Office Shop Beckford
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Description: A village stores and independent cotswold cafe. We sell hand picked vintage and antique furniture, and have a large garden with courtyard area. The Old Post Office Shop serves gourmet cakes, fresh barista coffee, chef made deli bites and lunches. A cotswold cafe where everything is for sale. Set in the beautiful village of Beckford just off the A46, surrounded by beautiful countryside, popular cycle and dog walking routes. We host creative workshops and are dog friendly. We have both indoor and outdoor seating. We welcome children and families.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Regular visitor at Beckford & at the old premises & the quality of coffee/food & specialist local produce is always bang on the money. Brilliant customer service & always a pleasant experience, even better now with the new garden area to sit in. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Horrible customer service, never again. My sister was shouted at by the owner. I had enough of people like that complaining for much they have to work, come and work in a hospital then, THEN you will see what real pressure is ..

Date of visit: May 2021
Cotswold Life, Owner at The Old Post Office Shop Beckford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Hi Mariana. I am the owner and I was not present on the day you visited, at peak time on bank holiday Monday, our busiest trading day since opening. Our garden was full to capacity with extra tables added, you were served by my supervisor and other team members and you were told when ordering that orders were taking up to 20minutes due to this. Your sister was sitting across the main road, staff offered to take your order out to you there when ready, This is standard practice for our cyclist customers who choose to sit over there, usually they are very grateful that we offer this, most people understand that due to covid regulations we ask customers to wait outside if they are taking away as we have restrictions on spacing and numbers inside the shop, and they are happy to. Sadly you have chosen to interpret this as discrimination as your photo comment implies. You came in shouting at my supervisor 'WHERE IS MY COFFEE' even though it had taken exactly the amount of time to make that you were warned about when ordering. Politely reminding you of this, you shouted again at my staff. Every single review we have cites friendly staff and lovely customer service. Any business that is working beyond capacity on one of the busiest days of the year can do nothing but forewarn customers that there will be an extra wait. Nobody complained to you about the pressure they were under, you were simply forewarned of a wait due to the number of customers who had come in before you who we are obliged to serve first, as you stated 'customers come first', yes they do, and others before you. Interestingly you have made up numerous comments in your review. I will not tolerate abusive and aggressive behaviour towards my staff. My approach is usually 'the customer is always right' and I will go above and beyond to rectify a situation for any unhappy customer, however due to the abusive behaviour towards staff and utterly false statements intending to damage our small business, please do not return. I have contacted Trip Advisor about your false claims as I take them very seriously

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Stopped here for a takeaway coffee and cake after our walk - and I was so impressed! The brownie I had was to die for and the cappuccino was great too❤️I’m definitely coming again

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

This quirky little village shop is such a bonus to our village. Lovely antiquey things to buy and great coffee, snacks and cakes. Artisan ice cream in the summer and hot baps in the winter, all to take away during lockdown, or sit outside when allowed. I hear they are moving to Beckford this month, February, and I shall be going there as soon as they do. What a bit of luck for Beckford and a shame for us!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 29 October 2020

A lovely little cafe. Cakes are amazing and coffee is strong and good quality, served in vintage teacups. Lots of interesting things to browse in the shop. Antiques, Jewellery, all sorts of weird and wonderful curios.
Service is excellent and always greeted with a smile.
Well worth a visit.