“Terrible Sunday roast”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On arrival, the environment seems very nice, the place is bright and clean. There were 6 of us and we ordered 5 Sunday roast and a fish and chips. For £12.95, the Sunday roast comes with 3 types of meat (beef, lamb, gammon). All of the meat are wafer thin and very small, beef and lamb were very chewy, roast potatoes are not crunchy at all. Not worth even half of the price. Waitresses looked like they wish to be somewhere else.

Would not recommend and better spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second visit to this restaurant,but again service is below average because either there`s people behind the bar serving or they`re all serving meals so it would be handy to leave one person behind the bar or employ one or two extra staff.
The food on this visit well, I had a prawn cocktail, good . then I had the cheeseburger and chips AVOID cheeseburger was like old leather totally tasteless and dry, wish I`d had the cod and chips, my chips were dry and not freshly cooked and finally I had chocolate ice cream really nice.
I think a mystery diner should be sent from Shepard & Neame and taste the food here or make the cooks eat what they`re sending out to their customers .
At least all the staff had nice smiles on their faces and I was greeted with a warm welcome.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Steak was absolutely awful and food was cold. Not impressed and will not be going back here again despite me being local. Had to wait at the bar and food took ages to come up. Far better places around.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Have visited a few times here now and never disappointed. A warm welcome at the bar where we ordered our food and drinks, Stephen was friendly taking our order and when he brought our food to us, he ensured we had everything we needed and we weren’t rushed at all. We had steak and burgers and all cooked lovely, went and ordered the deserts and Stephen and Lee were helpful again. Will be returned soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

What can I say about the wharf. We visited last night( 15/2/2018) and we were served by Stephen who was polite, friendly, chatty and a great host and helped make for a great evening. We regularly see Lee on our visits and he is always attentive, very friendly and chatty and always remembers us and greets us making us feeling so welcome. The food was fantastic and we always enjoy our meals at the wharf, we have never had to wait for the food and have never been disappointed. A great team at the Wharf makes all the difference to us

1  Thank Gill G