“Groupon Voucher for Mothers Day”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For mothers day I purchased my wife a Group-on Voucher for 2 treatments at Bannatynes for us both.

It was a very good Experience- staff were friendly and the treatments (although brief) were really good. Considering what we paid they were still thorough and we will probably look to book again.

I agree with some of the comments that its looking a bit tired and could do with a bit of a makeover particularly when it comes to the entrance to the Spa/Gym. This might have more to do with how dilapidated the Winter Gardens are looking in general though.

Another bad point is also the cost of Parking for the Spa as we paid £4.40 for 2 hours parking, but this a problem in MK in general.

Overall, Good Value for Money for the SPA.

GM M, Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Milton Keynes. It is wonderful to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable day with us. I have passed on your compliments to the team and they were delighted.

To keep up to date on our latest Spa Days and Promotions please do check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.

All reviews
"amazing massage"
"groupon deal"
"emma"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a very long week, my massage was exactly what I needed. Staff made me feel welcome although they were rushed off their feet. The massage was excellent. I have been previously for spa days, yes the venue could do with a refresh, but I always find it clean and staff happy to help.

Spa M, Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Katecapp31

Warm Regards

Emma Pratt

Spa Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mother says if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. But, sometimes its just good to comment on a place that people spend good money on. My partner and I booked a "spa" day, and from start to finish there was little "spa" about it. We arrived to a very slow moving long cue, had to ask for robes and towels, were charged £6 each for the pleasure and then were given robes that were way to small for us both, which were changed when we went back to reception to ask for bigger ones. I got a very shabby larger robe with someone else's company name on it. Before my treatment my therapist squabbled with the other therapists at the desk. Not conducing to a relaxing start. My partner then went for his treatment and was told the treatment room was double booked and to come back at another time. The treatments were supposed to be 25 minutes long, but this seemed to include the long changing interludes. The food at the café was very poor, there was an aerobics class on when we went to the pool, and there was a cool breeze bellowing out of the air vents next to our loungers which feels cold in a wet dressing gown. We did not feel relaxed entering or leaving. It may be a different experience to come for the gym, or for a treatment alone, but as a "spa" day? No.

3  Thank Mairead C
GM M, Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mairead

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Milton Keynes. I am sorry to hear that the guest experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion. At Bannatyne Spa we constantly strive to to improve our service provision and as such we welcome both positive and negative feedback to help us do so.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further.

You can contact us directly via the feedback portal below:

bannatyne.co.uk/contact/feedback/#feedbackform

Kind Regards
Emma
Bannatyne Spa Milton Keynes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a gift, spa day for two, I went with my mum. First impressions, when entering the building the spa is located in, was that the whole area is run down and dirty. Located the spa entrance tucked away in a corner of the tropical garden, staff member who greeted us was very friendly and soon had us booked in. We were given the usual disclaimer forms to fill in, when we had done this the reception staff had changed and the new guy was not quite as friendly or organised.

No spa bags were ready so he had to quickly put two together. The dressing gowns and towels are worn out and shabby, my dressing gown was also far too small, but was not offered another.

We were directed down to the changing rooms, which we did eventually find. They seemed clean enough and there was an attendant busy looking after the area the whole time.

We made our way up to the spa area, which consists of; a jacuzzi, murky water and always full.
A steam room, where the mosaic tiles were either missing or falling off, several came off while we were there.
Two saunas, no problems there.
Showers
Small Pool, I didn't use this, but my mum did and said it was nice and warm.

The area is basic, with a few chairs (not enough) and there are tiles and trims missing, plus it doesn't feel very clean (green slime noticed around the pool area).

We were booked for one treatment each, we were told to arrive 15mins early, only for the treatment staff to tell us we were too early, so we were offered some blankets to sit under. The treatments were fabulous, great staff. Both of us were given the usual speal of needing regular massages and recommended products.

I don't know how anyone can spend a whole day here, there just isn't enough to do and it's become so run down and scruffy that it does not feel like a relaxing or special place to be.

The staff on the whole were attentive and friendly, we also had an afternoon tea which was ok.

But I would not recommend this place, spend a bit more and go somewhere that really makes you feel your somewhere special.

Dear Mietziecats

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further.

You can contact us directly via the feedback portal below:

bannatyne.co.uk/contact/feedback/#feedbackform

Kind Regards
Emma
Bannatyne Spa Milton Keynes

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I used Groupon, spa day for two people inc. one treatment each for £55, great value, we chose to have a back massage which was lovely but would have been nice to have a little background music in the room.
It has all the basics you would expect of a standard spa, with a jacuzzi, steam room and 2 saunas.
Staff where absolutely fantastic always keeping the place clean and very attentive to us but unfortunately the facilities were abit tired and could do with some updates

Dear Ashandcoz