“Mmmmm!”

Las Iguanas Basingstoke
Ranked #30 of 263 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich and vibrant colours. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. You'll discover new tastes, and fall in love with new favourites - and feel the warmth and welcome of South America.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here with my wife for dinner. We had a lovely evening - the food was delicious and the staff are attentive and friendly. Cost is reasonable. I have eaten here before and will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food had the potential to be great! Ordered the Bahian Coconut Chicken - delicious, however the rice/greens were sat on a cold plate and left on the side for a while (clear view of the kitchen from most tables) and so were cold by the time they made it to our table. Also ordered two portions of chips which were cold upon arrival. Told our waiter who stated he would have them replaced. He spoke to the chef and said they were cold, and then stuck his hand in the chip bucket to prove it, and the chips were then re-fried and returned to us! Wouldn't look to return anytime soon if this is how they handling customers meals.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Met with some family members for a Bank Holiday lunch treat.
Extensive menu and great choices including children’s meals.
Good food cooked and served quickly by helpful team. There were several big parties in at the time and the staff coped well.
Would happily return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing lunch and great service. The cocktails are delicious- maybe a little too much ice! We weren’t rushed and the food quality was great. The kids ate free as it was Easter and the kids menu was fab for those children not into spicy foods.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a table via there website, arrived and our table wasn’t ready so we were given a small table near the serving station.
We ordered a pitcher of long island ice tea and from our table I could see it being made and I’ve never seen one made like it before. 2 small dashes of some premix and then the rest of the pitcher (90%) was filled up with draft cola. Really, £20 for a litre of coke!!!???

We at least thought that being next to the service station that at least the service would be good...... WRONG! It was very loud as the staff shouted, joked and flirted with each other rather than looking after the customers hence service was very slow.

I had ordered the ribs and a side order of refried beans (these are a favourites mine), the ribs were very nice but I’m not sure what the brought me but it was not refried beans. What I got was a black liquid that tasted nothing like pinto beans, very odd. I told the waitress and she said she’d inform the kitchen and it was removed from my bill.
With ribs it would of been nice to have something to clean your hands with but you only get a single napkin.

When my main course arrived I ordered a beer (as I wanted something that actually contained alcohol) and I had to remind the waitress that I had ordered it, it finally arrived when I had almost finished my meal.

The food was good, the service poor, the cocktails appalling.
As I said to my other half, “At least we know where not to come in the future.”