“Super San marino”

Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a mediteranean restaurant serving Pasta, Pizza, Fresh seafood, Steaks and Vegetarian dishes. Relax in our bar for a pre dinner drink in front of our log burning fire. All our ingredients are fresh and everything is made to order, from fresh breads, home-made sauces, fish delivered daily, meat from our local butcher along side breeding our own Saddleback pigs and shooting our own game for the menu. Our Gin list is extensive with a cocktail list adjacent to a fantastic around the world wine list. The atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and informal with a great vibe whether eating or just having a drink,. The outside decking and patio probably is the best around with views in the summer nearly as good as Tuscany!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Been here a few times and never had a bad one and last week was no exception. There's always a warm greeting and the staff are always extremely pleasant. The food as always was superb and all plates were eat clean. It was a very very busy night but the staff coped well.

1  Thank Barry M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to San Marino on a few occasions the last time was on New Years Eve and it was excellent as usual however I went this evening and what a dissapointment! New staff, new Manager, no atmosphere, dirty table, glasses and cutlery. There were two of us dining and I finished my starter first but instead of waiting until we had both finished The Manager came over and took my empty plate away. I asked him to wait until we had finished but I was Ignored. As he was walking away I commented that he was rude and he came back and claimed that he didn't see that my guest was still eating, well why not leave my plate then. At no stage was our table approached to see if everything was alright and did we want a drink. In the end I got up and asked somebody to bring a drink for me. The Manager is extremely rude, has no people skills whatsoever and did not come back to our table for the rest of the meal instead he got the girl from the bar to come and clear our table and then hid behind the desk every time I went near him. I will not be going here again! Such a shame as it was a lovely restaurant with lovely staff especially Matt who I gather has now left and Nick who wasn't working unfortunately as they always made you feel welcome and were very attentive. The food is good but this is the only consistent thing about the place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely evening spent at the San Marino. Relaxed ambience. Food excellent as always. Great priced market menu. Fabulous service, didn’t feel rushed. Extensive gin menu- a pity it was a work night! The tiramisu was just perfect and a reason on its own to return.

2  Thank Fudgenelly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food very impressed...This was one of the BEST dishes I have every had at San Marino was amazing!

3  Thank Finch101
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Just called on spec for tea. Had a delicious meal. The staff were lovely friendly and very attentive we will definitely return.

2  Thank hewittbridie