“Super San marino”

Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a mediteranean restaurant serving Pasta, Pizza, Fresh seafood, Steaks and Vegetarian dishes. Relax in our bar for a pre dinner drink in front of our log burning fire. All our ingredients are fresh and everything is made to order, from fresh breads, home-made sauces, fish delivered daily, meat from our local butcher along side breeding our own Saddleback pigs and shooting our own game for the menu. Our Gin list is extensive with a cocktail list adjacent to a fantastic around the world wine list. The atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and informal with a great vibe whether eating or just having a drink,. The outside decking and patio probably is the best around with views in the summer nearly as good as Tuscany!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Been here a few times and never had a bad one and last week was no exception. There's always a warm greeting and the staff are always extremely pleasant. The food as always was superb and all plates were eat clean. It was a very very busy night but the staff coped well.

1  Thank Barry M

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening spent at the San Marino. Relaxed ambience. Food excellent as always. Great priced market menu. Fabulous service, didn’t feel rushed. Extensive gin menu- a pity it was a work night! The tiramisu was just perfect and a reason on its own to return.

2  Thank Fudgenelly
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing food very impressed...This was one of the BEST dishes I have every had at San Marino was amazing!

4  Thank Finch101
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Just called on spec for tea. Had a delicious meal. The staff were lovely friendly and very attentive we will definitely return.

2  Thank hewittbridie
Reviewed 17 March 2018

My wife and I have been loyal customers of this restaurant for many years now. However, I feel like this is now going to change. Around a month ago, the young manager (I can't for the life of me remember his name) left to pastures new and this is where the downfall began. With this change in management, there has been an exodus of staff which have been here since we can remember. I can't help but feel sorry for the girls (and boys) who work under the new GM after seeing how he can be with them. The quality of food has dramatically decreased, and the overall negative atmosphere brings the vibe down. For what was once our favourite restaurant, can only now be described as a travesty.

I understand that people have to move on, but I cannot comprehend why the replacement staff has been chosen so poorly.

Unfortunately, unless we hear from friends or relatives that this place manages to pick itself back to it's standards of old, we won't be returning.

Thank you to all those lovely members of staff that made many of our experiences so wonderful. It's a shame how things have changed.

Regards,