“Great Pub, gorgeous food”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #29 of 315 Restaurants in Telford
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A welcoming country pub set in the picturesque foothills of the Wrekin, serving homemade, locally sourced gastro style meals to go with our selection of real ales and fine wines.
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We were a party of five and all I can say is I could easily have had any of our food selections they were all excellent.

I had the lamb, my companions had chicken, steak, salmon and steak pie. The food arrived piping hot and smelling delicious, all the plates were left clean.

The sweets were equally delicious I had chocolate fondant, two had creme brûlée and my husband had lemon cheesecake and pistachio ice cream (on my return visit I will be ordering the salmon followed by the cheesecake).

You know when food is good when you are full up but still keep eating.

A great find.

1  Thank powwowfp

Reviewed 7 May 2017

The Plough Inn is well worth going out of your way for. The food is excellent, atmosphere and ambience welcoming and helpful. One caveat - unless you have a very healthy appetite, don't go for the mixed bar snacks as a starter. It is a mass of food, each item beautifully cooked and seasoned but scarcely leaves any room for the equally wonderful main course to follow.

2  Thank BigD54
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We were staying local and we were recommended to go to the plough, I went for the steak and ale pie which was really nice and very filling, my wife went for the salmon which she said was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere in the plough was really nice, it reminded me of what pubs used to be like before the smoking ban when locals used to meet and have a laugh and a drink. Thanks Sandie for recommending the plough and we will be back next time we're in the area.

3  Thank mark5281
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

After very nearly choosing David's Taster Menu on a previous visit we were persuaded to return by Jay the excellent waiter. We had been nervous to order because one of our group is fish intolerant but assured by Jay that alternatives were available we returned. What a great evening we had; each course surpassing the last. All freshly prepared including a superb goats cheese tartlet which replaced the fish dish for one of our party. Five fabulous courses followed by an exquisite cheese board (an added extra but it was worth it).
We chose a Rioja and Prosecco to accompany our meal, both well priced. There is also a delicate Fleurie on the wine list which is well worth its money.
Ash is a great host with Lola and Minnie a cheeky double act.
Would definitely recommend a visit.

2  Thank Jah4224
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I visited The Plough Inn, Allscott on Thursday for a meal. I decided to eat here after looking at all of the positive reviews. Wow, they're not wrong at all!!

I walked into the warm pub, out of the rain. I was greeted by the cutest little French bulldog, Lola. I then worked my way towards the bar which was filled with laughter from the locals around the bar. I spoke to the Landlord and Lady, and they were very helpful, always smiling and enjoyed having a conversation with a customer.

I then followed the waiter to my table in the 'Snug'. This room was cosy and my table was well-lit by a lamp and a candle. I ordered the Fillet steak ( a special treat! ) cooked medium-rare and it came out perfectly cooked. Every part of the steak melted in my mouth. Very filling, worth every penny.

I then thought I should try a dessert to see if they were as good as the main meal.
I ordered the cheesecake (not my usual choice). It came out beautifully presented and was just as tasty as it looked!

5/5 for food, service and atmosphere.

1  Thank Jay D