“Carvery is always an ‘experience’”

Robins Farm, Dining & Carvery
Ranked #291 of 465 Restaurants in Swindon
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Some of the cutters at the carvery like cutting meat inches thick. Others are better, just depends who you get and what time you turn up. And of course, the quality of the meat is pretty variable too. Stuffing is great, Yorkshire’s are normally ok and the selection of veg is good - but sometimes they don’t restock meaning the quality is a bit variable. The salad bar is good, drinks are quite expensive but it’s decent enough. Desserts wise they look a lot better as advertised than what they actually serve which is disappointing.

Alan M, General Manager at Robins Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Ben C,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the TA community, it’s appreciated. We are at present investing a lot of time in training our chefs regards carvery procedures. Can I assure you all feedback is discussed and acted upon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always very good value for money and friendly atmosphere. The puddings are huge but you can have a box to take home anything you don't eat.

1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On arrival the staff were miserable. Things were disorganised and that was with hardly any customers there. No sausages no vegetarian sausages as advertised, ran out of bread for toast, ran out of bacon. Just so poor!

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Alan M, General Manager at Robins Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Grant,

My apologies about your recent experience at Robins Farm, the issues you have raised should not have occurred. Please call me should you decide to visit again. I look forward to speaking to you. 01793-726424.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There was no stock in sausages, vegetarian sausages, jam, honey, marmalade, ran out of bacon half way through service and also ran out of eggs at the same time as well as white bread. It was 9.30am so breakfast had only been on since 8am

Hello mchequer,

My apologies about you recent experience at Robins Farm, I can assure you the issues you unfortunately encountered have been addressed and actions taken. Please call me should you decide to visit again, 01793-726424.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to robins farm on the 30/03/18 at 4.30 we started to walk in to find a table as the sign stated .we got spoken to by a man ( I can only presume the manager ) to be told can we wait to be seated the wrong sign was out .so we waited and we were taken to am area away from the children's section even though we had two children with us , he told us we cannot sit there as they need to get it set up for tonight.
Perhaps tables should be cleared more efficiently and later up after each table clears .
We sat down chose our food then ordered well that is when it started the food came put I had a burger, the bun was burnt on the inside well I say burnt more very burnt .then my granddaughter had chicken wings ( as she is a coliac ) they came out very very over done .then came the rest of the order burnt buns on all burgers no coleslaw. We specifically ask for the chicken wings to come out with the mains , this did not happen .the service from the waitress was patronising asking what else is missing and that we don't look happy .( i wonder why ! )
We wanted to give the place another go as last time we went it was shocking .
I think more staff may help and also a bit of training in politeness would be in order .
Will not go back ...

Hello Alison,

First of all sorry about your recent experience at Robins Farm, I can assure you your feedback has been discussed at length and acted upon. I sincerely hope you will choose to visit us again soon, please call me in advance should you decide to do so. 01793-726424.