US$92
Free cancellation until 07/26
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Derby East Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
All reviewsbit datedclose to city centrebusy roadfull english breakfastpub
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Hi we were given a very poor room not what we’d booked spoke to reception was moved to a lovely room. Food very good staff Friendly close to city centre would defo go again. The hotel is under refurbished not informed on booking.com.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Receptionist at International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hello Julie,
thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at the International Hotel. We aer sorry about your first experience with us, but we are glad it was resolved by our reception staff. We will pass on the compliments about the food to the chefs, they will be glad to hear that! We are sorry if our refurbishment inconvenienced you in any way however, it is advertised on our booking.com website that we are undergoing refurbishment. We hope to see you again soon so you can see the changes made!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and I stayed at the international hotel in February for one night, having previously staying here about 18 months ago, we were pleasantly surprised of the big refurb. A delightful bar upstairs and down and wow what a transformation! Our room unfortunately not one of the refurb ones, but still was very clean and cosy. I really can't understand some negative reviews! The only negative thing about the room is that there was 8 lights on the stairs outside for the fire exit, with thin curtains it did let a lot of light into your room. The breakfast was good, with a buffet breakfast and even tin tomatoes! But no brown hp sauce!! Lol. Would definitely recommend and we will be definitely staying here again. Good luck on your refurb!

Stayed: February 2018
Hotel M, Receptionist at International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hello Neil,
thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at the International Hotel! We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will have the housekeeping and maintenance to see about the curtains, truly sorry if it dampened your stay in any way! We hope that we will see you once again!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Torn wallpaper, mould on the ceiling, rust in the bathtub, broken lock on a cracked broken Room door, funny smell in the VERY small room, a blocked toilet and no one at reception to complain to... If you want a cheap place you are better of finding a hostel nearby...

Room Tip: Do not trust ebooker.com pictures
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Hotel M, Receptionist at International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hello Mazen,
we are truly sorry about your issues during your stay with us. We will pass this to the management right away so they can deal with this personally. Although it is no excuse, we are currently undergoing refurbishment and while some areas and rooms have been refurbished completely, some are still waiting for their redecoration. It will also be thoroughly investigated why there was no one available in the reception, as we have our reception open 24 hours. Maybe you could contact us privately and provide more details? It would help us tremendously, thank you.
We are once again very sorry and we hope that we will see you again once the refurbishment is complete so you can see the changes made.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

After reading other reviews I was a little apprehensive about our stay. On arrival we had a warm welcome. The room was comfortable and clean. Maggie in reception was extremely helpful regarding local amenities, full marks to her!! Breakfast was spot on and, for the price you pay, overall a real bargain. The hotel is in the throes of a refurb which will improve it no doubt, but if you're critical about paintwork go pay 3 times the price elsewhere!! Yes there is room for improvement cosmetically but generally it's still clean and presentable. For the price, the International is a real bargain!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alan b
Hotel M, Receptionist at International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hello Alan,
thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your stay with us! We truly appreciate the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we are glad you found our staff helpful, we will pass on the compliments! We hope that you will come back and see us after we are completely done with our work so you could see the changes implemented.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This is the first bad review I have left about anywhere. The room I stayed in was not the same room advertised on the website. The room was in a poor state, with items broken, paint chipped and very old, mould in the bathroom which was a room with a toilet , basin and shower and a curtain around the shower so that the whole bathroom floor was wet for the rest of the evening, when taking a shower. The shower freezing (then stuck on boiling, literally, when someone 'fixed' it), internet connection not working and television going off every 20-30 minutes for up to 15 minutes. The room was not inviting in anyway. I complained to reception and was immediately told I could not be moved as the hotel was full. There was no apology and no acknowledgement that the room I was staying in was not in any way similar to the rooms advertised online, which I gathered from the manager's reply were newly refurbished. I would have moved hotels that night but due to lack of internet connection I could not find anywhere to move to quickly and so agreed I would move the following day and we could discuss compensation, as the ridiculous £10 (I believe) compensation offered was not satisfactory. When I left the hotel, there was no one on reception and so I left a note. I had to telephone the hotel to get my prepaid nights (which I did not use) refunded and have been telephoning and emailing since November to get an acknowledgement and suitable compensation from the Manager, Maggie. I have phoned and emailed in excess of 20 times and I have received one email to say that my query would be passed on, which was about a month ago. The hotel was disgusting but the entire lack of care from the manager is quite unbelievable. It is clear that she is avoiding all contact which is incredibly unprofessional and does not bode well for future guests. I would not give this hotel any rating. The only mildly redeeming feature is that the reception staff were nice however, there was no communication between each shift and I therefore had to repeat everything several times. I am more than happy if anybody from the hotel would like to contact me but I feel that it is unlikely given the previous opportunities and the time frame.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business