“Smile please”
Review of Costa Coffee

Costa Coffee
Ranked #19 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Derby
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Usual Costa fare, coffee and toastie were okay, restaurant was clean and tidy, but come on staff get rid of the glum faces and replace with a smile.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We visited last week. The drinks and food were great and the staff were friendly. However the place was dirty. The blind above our table was caked in dirt and dust and some of this fell onto our table. Really bad.

1  Thank ANDY B
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Standard Costa food and beverages. This can be very busy as it is located on a key cross road junction at the edge of the Intu centre. So towards the end of the day it can show marks of a very busy time.

1 The cafe is on a major pedestrian junction and has excellent views of the busyness of this city, through large windows. A cafe with a view.

2 Staff found to be very helpful.

3 Clean toilets are accessible through a key code on your receipt.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my mum come here all the time, we used to find huge problems with the toilets, but they’ve really sorted this out with a new lock system on the toilets and it’s made this Costa a lot nicer to go too, before addicts seemed to be using it as a place to do drugs so Costa got blue lights put in the toilets and code locks so they can no longer use them, so glad they have done this!!!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I lost 40£ in here... 2notes wrapped together... they came out of my pocket. Didn't notice. Popped back in on the off chance it had been handed in. Told no...
on leaving a member of staff asked us where we were sitting.. went over to a lady in there and was talking for 5/10 mins..
Came back and said I asked her because I watched her pick a 20£ note up earlier. To which I informed him it was mine and he said she maintained it was hers.. asked for the camera footage to be looked at.. to which I was told it's a blind spot! I do hope karma smacks you in the face both of you and you enjoyed the 40£... some dishonest people around!!
The chances of her JUST picking it up... and the member of staff asking where we sat.. to the 20£ notes.. and him observing! Don't expect any form of honesty here!