“Busy place”
Review of The Cornish Bakery

The Cornish Bakery
Ranked #70 of 340 Restaurants in Gloucester
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

May be because it is close to the main entrance this place is usually busy. Great selection of drinks and food all served by friendly and eficient staff.

Chris C, Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

So happy you enjoyed your visit with us hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

good selection of unusual flavour Cornish pasties £4 ish to eat in. Plenty of tables, staff need to clear trays away quicker and wipe the table. Would look more welcoming

So happy you enjoyed your visit sorry the tables was not up to standered for you this time
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I appreciate it’s Saturday and staff probably had long day but ordered food and cold drink and got a sigh and eye roll from woman behind counter (I don’t drink hot drinks) straws are now loose in a pot where customers queue - not covered or wrapped - little unhygienic?! - great food just prefer less attitude because I ordered an ice drink

So happy you enjoyed you visit with us I thank you for you feedback and will tase your conserns at the next team meeting and us it in training

Thanks hope to see you soon

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I visited the bakery on friday and a blonde girl served me, I think she is the manager as she had the right attitude! She was authoritative, friendly and so helpful; offering to carry my tray over for me. She asked how I was and delivered the best service I've had from there. I've been served by the actual manager before and I can honestly agree that this was a LOT better. Thank you for making my stay so great, shes an asset to the company.

Thanks for your feedback

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

The food was good but staff let them down. Staff looked rushed behind the counter when it got busy, didn't seem like they knew what each other were doing. Also a lot of tables with dirty plates/cups on. Only when a line formed did staff start clearing tables. Also during my visit all I could really hear was one of the staff members laughing very loudly - don't get me wrong I don't mind people laughing but when it's all I could hear from the opposite side of the cafe, it seemed a bit extreme.

I don't think I'll be eating here anytime soon

Chris C, Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you enjoyed the food! However, i am very sorry about the staff that was working on your visit. Staff training is going ahead to ensure that all tables are being cleaned consistently. We try to make the bakery a fun and enjoyable place to work and visit. We like our staff to be happy at all times but we will ask the staff to keep the volume down from now on as its not nice if that's all you can hear.
Thankyou