“late, discurteous”

Gloucester Ski & Snowboard Centre
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Quentin was late by 25 minutes for a one-on-one lesson with my 9 year old son. I have 4 children so I have a busy day and running half an hour late can really cause problems. But Quentin couldn't care less - his apology was minimal and completely insincere. When I put it to him that it was insincere he laughed. He joked that I could make a complaint to management if I really wanted to. Which shows how seriously they'll take it... As I was walking away with my son he shouted out 'Well, saying sorry is technically an apology so....' and did little jig-dance just to show how insincere his so-called apology was. I wouldn't mind if he had been sincere - or if i didn't have a thousand and one things to do. I rang the place afterwards and left my name and number for the manager but of course have had no reply. Quentin behaved like a jerk and it does make you question leaving your child with such a fool.
The lesson was good, however, its a pity about Quentin

3  Thank john s
xtract1, Manager at Gloucester Ski & Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi John, I have spoken to Quinton about the session and he certainly didn't mean to come across as insincere in his apology. I tried to call you back after you called, but there was no answer. We strive to give great customer service at all times. Unfortunately there were problems with instructors that morning and Quinton was called in at late notice. That is entirely our fault and I can only apologise. I'm pleased to hear that the lesson itself was good and I hope you return in the future.

All reviews
"gloves"
"teaching"
"machinery"

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Celebrated my grandson's 5th birthday with a tubing party. What a fantastic afternoon (...the parents enjoyed it just as much as the kids). Tubing for a group of 5 year olds followed by a hot buffet to warm up with. Good selection of hot snacks to purchase whilst the kids went mad on the air hockey plus a small bar with a TV to watch the rugby on. We were looked after brilliantly from the time we arrived until we left 2 hours later - including the staff decorating the room for the party. Cannot think of a negative.

1  Thank Kev M
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Just returned from taking my daughter and five of her friends snowboarding for her 11 th birthday. None of the group had ever snowboarded before but they all had a brilliant time. Ed the instructor managed to explain all the technical bits in the simplest of terms and he was so engaging. Had the girls up on their boards and coming down a section of the slope in no time at all.

The reception staff were friendly and so were the crew who helped to get the girls kitted out. Don’t forget to bring along your gloves and if it’s been wet a dry change of clothes.

I had seen some of the negative comments about the loos etc . They are old but perfectly clean so no concerns there. We didn’t get a chance to make use of the cafe but will definitely be back soon to give it a try.

A great choice for a birthday party and was definitely worth the hour and a quarter journey.

1  Thank MoragdeSouza
Reviewed 28 January 2018

A great experience for us first time skiers! John was a great instructor who made us all feel confident - we left feeling so positive & excited for our first skiing trip in 2 weeks time.
Thanks so much John for your patience and ensuring we had fun while picking up the basics :)

1  Thank Sam O