Review Highlights
Pubs of the Yorshire Dales webinar

I loved the Pubs of the Yorkshire Dales and craft brewing of Yorkshire beers webinar, with a guided... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Kate H
Virtual Contour

Superb webinar. Very thorough and in depth with lots of pre webinar information amd tasks to do... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
RogeAllen
Dagenham, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Harrogate
from US$66.29
More Info
from US$32.17
More Info
All reviews navigation skills mark reid map reading mountain skills yorkshire dales silver award an excellent teacher hill walking wild camping coast to coast supportive environment walking weekend teaching style lake district pub quizzes excellent knowledge of the local area fantastic weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended a Webinar on the Geography of the Yorkshire Dales was really interesting, covered geography and geology, flora and fauna, and some fascinating insights into the human history of the area too. Mark is really enthusiastic and super knowledgeable, I didn't want it to end, and to be honest I don't think he did either! Strong recommend, makes you want to be out there, which sadly at present isn't possible...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've just attended Mark Reid's Webinar on the Geography of the Yorkshire Dales and have learnt so much! Mark's knowledge of the Dales is extensive and I would highly recommend this excellent value workshop. It's just a great thing to engage in during this lockdown period and I know the knowledge I've gained will definitely help me to enjoy the landscape in an even greater capacity when I can get out into the hills again. Very inspiring!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This week I completed the online map reading session with Mark, along with a small group of walking enthusiasts and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Having been sent some preparatory videos to watch and take notes from before the session I was able to absorb all of the useful information and top tips as well as learn some important rules of safe route planning. I can't wait to be out of lockdown so that I can put my new skills to the test. I'd highly recommend this session and despite it not being out in the countryside, Mark cleverley brings the walks to you from the comfort of your own home.

Mark R, Owner at TeamWalking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the online Map Reading course.

Hopefully we can get back out on the hills again soon

Reviewed 14 January 2021

I did a Straight to Silver NNAS course with Mark in December and it fulfilled all my expectations of a course with Mark. It was thorough, enjoyable, well taught, practical but also relaxed (except the Covid 19 precautions which he rightly takes very seriously).
I knew it would be excellent from previous experience with Mark's courses and challenge walks including the Coast to Coast which, without exception, are great value, entertaining, informative and fun.
It's no surprise the reviews are 5 stars.

Date of experience: December 2020
Mark R, Owner at TeamWalking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the NNAS Straight to Silver course.

I hope to see you again soon out on the hills

Reviewed 3 November 2020

I did the Map Reading course in Wensleydale with Mark who is a brilliant instructor and very strict! I wish I had done it 40 years ago as it would have prevented me getting lost and so frustrated walking in the countryside on many many occasions.
Mark explains the details of map reading very simply and constantly makes you put it into practice as you walk making the course like an exam.
Consequently despite the adverse weather it was a hugely entertaining but exhausting day and I will certainly book another.

Date of experience: October 2020
Mark R, Owner at TeamWalking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the Map Reading course. I'm not that strict; well, most of the time!

I hope to see you again soon out on the hills