Bridge Cottage Bed and Breakfast
US$89
HolidayInn.com
US$74
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

The Pearl Hotel(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
US$56
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$77
Aragon House(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$66
Bell Inn Stilton(Peterborough)
US$127
US$149
Orbitz.com
Dog in a Doublet(Whittlesey)
US$70
US$66
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
All reviewswhite swanlocal publovely settingmarmaladerutland waterburghley horse trialsb and bbreakfast was excellentlovely roombrookjudyrodhostsjugskenttoiletriesinternet
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I called to make a booking and asked for Judy Colbert - she said no you cant and hung up on me... i suppose i will have to find somewhere else to stay as that wasn't the best response ive had to be making a booking, unfortunate for Judy to miss out on someone wanted to stay for a week but thanks Judy for your amazing customer service!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Bristol2018
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have been staying with Judy & Rod for many years - and can honestly say it's one of the highlights of our year - a real chance to relax!
If we are lucky with the weather, there is a deck to sit on and have a glass of something cold right next to the river, overlooking the adjoining fields - what could be a better way to unwind from my busy life...
The surrounding countryside is stunning with loads of options of things to do - being close to the lovely historic town of Stamford, not far from Rutland Water, or the towns of Oakham and even Peterborough - where the cathedral is well worth a look.
The breakfasts are simply the best I have ever had anywhere, and from someone who travels all over the world, I guess that's saying something - cooked to order, with whatever you would like from an extensive choice, white or brown toast - and proper jars of marmalade or jam - not those nasty little plastic pots you are commonly given. Plus endless tea or coffee as well as full jugs of orange juice.
Talking of food - if you're hungry in the evenings, The White Swan in the village is within easy walking distance, is dog friendly and does really nice food - further afield there are simply endless choices dependent on what you feel like eating...
I simply cannot recommend enough - go and stay and find out for yourself what a great place to unwind it is!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicky V
Reviewed 16 October 2017

There is so much to like. The owners are absolutely lovely. They are chatty and helpful, they go above and beyond the requirements of B&B owners. They are happy to keep you company, also, if you wish to have your own space, they will leave you to it. The scenery is absolutely stunning. It is peaceful and situated in a beautiful location. The garden is fine for customers to relax in and in my opinion, one of the best things about the B&B.

The rooms are light and immaculately made up with super comfortable beds. The conservatory is allocated for the use of patrons, with daily newspapers and the company of the B&B's dogs (if you want their company - if not, that is fine too, they have their own room!)

Breakfast is amazing. You can choose what you want the night before and everything is set out in the morning. You can watch your breakfast being cooked while conversing with the other customers and the landlady. I came from Kent and didn't know the area and she very kindly gave me directions to where I had to travel to the next day.
Frankly, I think everyone should stay here at least once. It is beautiful and I'm recommending it to everyone I know!

Parking is also limited. When the B&B is full, I can imagine parking could be a struggle but the owners will find ways round this for you. The only reason I have marked down the WiFi is due to the location. Because it is in the countryside, signal is poor and therefore, WiFi is limited. However, it is of little importance as the landscape is so stunning, you shouldn't be on the internet anyway!

These are really minor points however - in comparison to the overall loveliness of the location, the B&B and the people who own it, these points are insignificant.
Completely wonderful - I will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Lovely cottage in a village location with views across the fields.
Little brook, stream at bottom of the garden.
Lovely room decorated and a good size.
Judy and Rod very friendly and full of knowledge.Lovely couple.
Lovely breakfast with a great choice.
Local pub great food,recommended by Judy and Rod.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Bridge Cottage for our annual visit to Burghley Horse Trials because the place we stayed at last year was fully booked at the time we left. The website and reviews were all very promising, how wrong they are. Upon arrival the host (Rod) was talking to other guests (who stay there every year ) in the garden, we rang the bell but no one answered, he eventually came to us and showed us to our room (patio room) which was not as large as we had been led to believe. The views from the window and patio doors are attached, the private shower which was supposed to be just outside our room was along the corridor and closer to the breakfast room than our bedroom, there were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling/walls and dust on the picture frames on the wall. At breakfast we felt like outsiders as the hosts chatted freely with the guests who were regulars at bridge cottage fortunately within 2 hours of arrival we decided to call the B&B we stayed at last year to see if they had a room available during next years Burghley, fortunately they had one room left, we booked it straight away.
We certainly won't be staying at bridge cottage again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple