Limerick Strand Hotel
  • Pool
Railway Hotel(Limerick)
Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
2,774 results
All reviewsthe riveracross the bridgejunior suitecity centresarsfield bridgelovely hotelthe executive loungewedding receptionking john's castlethomond parkfunction roomcar parkgreat roomtop classwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendfrom start to finish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was lovely, the bed was huge and really comfortable however only one sachet of coffee supplied, dirty cups and no bath robes. The staff were friendly but service was slow. The toilets are located downstairs from the Bar and Restaurant - very strange. There is a strong odor of urine as you walk down the stairs and the toilets on any visit I made were dirty with toilet roll everywhere. We stayed two nights! The hotel is central but parking is extra and is on a first come first served basis and we were lucky to get anywhere to park. The lobby also lacked cleaning the floor was dirty. The food was very disappointing also but we found a lovely place called Lana Thai just a short walk away which we ate in both nights. I think the prices charged by this hotel are extortionate for the service and facilities provided. This was my second visit and it will be my last.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
strandmanager2015, Manager at Limerick Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I wish to acknowledge your review and I am sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. I was delighted to read you found our rooms lovely and comfortable. We appreciate the feedback and I can assure you the experience described by you in your review is not our normal standard of product or service.
I hope your overall trip to Limerick was a success. I hope you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here recently on a Saturday night after the Munster match. Great location for walking to the stadium. A good group of us met in the bar later for drinks and some finger food. Great night, table service was slow at times but bar staff were lovely. Nice atmosphere in the bar. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. Nice big bathroom too.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us here at Limerick Strand Hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel. Conveniently located. Nice rooms although service needs to be a little bit faster. Walking distance to road and shops. Food was great! Very clean hotel, nice staff too. Will stay again when I visit next time.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at Limerick Strand Hotel.I was delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience. I was glad to hear you found our staff so friendly and found everything as it should be.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit to Limerick.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It's amazing and right on point and close to 5 star hotel.

You get all your hotel comfort as expected. Food was excellent during our breakfast.

Customer service was quick and easy. If you need a 3 beded room, it's all there for you. There is a separate bath and a tub. Huge bed and the view.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and kind comments about our hotel following you recent stay with us at Limerick Strand Hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience with us was pleasant, and that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and service provided.

Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were more than pleasantly surprised during our one-night stay at the Strand, arranged by Irish Railtours First Class while en route to the Cliffs of Moher. Upon arrival, the desk clerk offered to upgrade our double bed room for 30 euros (she said it was a special - who knows). It turned out to be one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in - incredibly spacious with a king bed, cozy couches, and a beautiful, enclosed wraparound deck with sweeping views of the Shannon River and city. The immaculate bathroom included a large tub and separate shower.

The staff knows the meaning of the word “hospitality.” They were incredibly helpful, including ringing our tour company for us the next morning when the bus was late. There is a full Irish breakfast with many choices and easy access to walking paths and bridges along the Shannon. I was here during my vacation, but noticed a number of business travelers here as well. If you have to stay in Limerick, don’t bother with anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly refurbished river view suites.We pride ourselves on exceeding guests’ expectations and delivering enjoyable and memorable experience. We greatly appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Limerick.