See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Had one of our best short breaks yet at Carantoohill eco farm - highly recommended for anyone willing to brave the elements with the extra bit of comfort of a ready made yurt with all the trimmings!
Loveliest hosts + friendliest dogs and cats ever + a goat u can take for a walk on a fairy trail by the brook + a fire pit for toasting marshmallows at night + an ever changing mountain landscape with sunshine drizzle and wind = a very happy family who didnt want to leave

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

My husband and I booked this place upon seeing amazing views because we wanted to wake up surrounded by mountains. We were not disappointed. The location was off the beaten path. The yurt we stayed in was decorated very nice with a little cook stove, cooler and other kitchen items so we were able to make breakfast and pack lunches for hiking. The hosts were wonderful. We purchased a picnic basket of food that came with soda bread, honey, fresh eggs and so much more. We ended up bringing the remaining for to our next two stops. On our second night, the host made a campfire for us and we talked of Irish Kings and the history surrounding this magical place. I loved their animals (a mini horse, mules, chickens, friendly dogs, cats, and I think llamas). I think about this place on a weekly basis, wishing we can go back soon.

Room Tip: Both yurts had great views!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly N
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I cannot begin to describe the wonderful place that Carrauntoohil Eco Farm is! I took my two post college daughters and their friends on a trip around Ireland in May 2015. I found Carrauntoohil and saved it as a "Surprise" for our trip. As we wandered up the road toward the farm, I could tell it was a special place. John met us at the gate with a smile and welcome. The girls were ecstatic when the view of the farm and mountain came up before us. Greeted with the farms Llamas, dogs, chickens and the beautiful green of Ireland was amazing. Vikki and John made the Yurt cozy for our group before leading us to the closest pub for dinner and a pint. We returned to a warm fire and enjoying the singing and guitar of their daughter into the wee hours of the morning, in the morning, Vikki brought a basket with all the makings for a fresh breakfast. I was thrilled to cook for my girls in the outdoors of Ireland! It was truly the most memorable trip I have experienced.

Room Tip: this is not a hotel. Its a wonderful place to spend time.
Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We have actually stayed here more than once. We love the cosiness of the yurts against the idyllic backdrop of Carrauntoohill. There is nothing nicer than coming back from a day sightseeing in Killarney to relax by the stove in the yurt or even by the campfire if the weather if good. Vikki is the perfect hostess - so friendly and helpful. The animals are fantastic. There are alpacas (including a new baby), goats, chickens, dogs, cats, donkeys! The walk along the fairy trail is peaceful and beautiful. There is a shower and composting toilets and it's just the perfect experience for getting back to nature and disconnecting from social media etc.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Vikki and John were amazing and welcoming hosts. When we got there we were welcomed immediately by John and given a tour of the farm and explained how everything worked. The first night we were staying there, John prepared a fire for us and even stayed to enjoy it with us and the other couple that was also staying there. He had lots of information and some great stories to tell us which were all very much appreciated. It was a blast. They offer a breakfast picnic basket for two days for 10 euros and it was AMAZING! homemade yogurt, eggs that were fresh from their farm (SO TASTY) an entire loaf of bread, butter, blueberries, apples, bananas and a massive container of granola filled with dried bits of fruit. It was more than worth the cost and I would highly recomend anyone staying there to get it. I had a rough day before we came to their little farm and being able to relax there at the foot of all those beautiful mountains surrounded by kind people and loving rescue animals was just the thing to make me feel at ease. It truly and honestly was the highlight of our two weeks in Ireland.

Room Tip: amazing views, close to good hiking, eco farm, animals, yurt
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple