Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews large double bed ring of kerry located close full irish short stay national park excellent breakfast spent two nights place to stay top class alfie toilet rally town lakes receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Staff all very nice and helpful. Great location 5 minutes walk from town.
Room was tiny - paid 96 euro for one night b&b. Extremely poor value, this is the sort of experience that encourages people to fly away. The owners are just milking it.

Room tip: wouldnt pay more than 50 euro for a room
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank supertramp33
Reviewed 3 May 2021

Stayed at this guesthouse due to essential purposes (bereavement), the hosts have been extremely amazing! Booked through Hotels.com, the flight hiccups led to a re-schedule of my check-in date, so from contacting directly with them, the check-in / check-out dates for my booking was re-scheduled by a day without any cancellation charges.

The hosts - especially Ann-Marie and Rachel - have always been extremely helpful with the willing to assist by all means.

Breakfasts always very delicious.

Strongly recommended - will come back from time to time.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank SmileyDes
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I stayed here on Tuesday the 6th of April 2021 I was working the area and I just needed somewhere cheap and cheerful. When I arrived I was greeted at reception by a very lovely lady who went through the Covid Related stuff and other information about the Lodge. She could see that I had not booked breakfast and asked me if would I like to do so. I told her it kills me to pay £12.50 for breakfast and she said breakfast is available for €5. I jumped at it.

My room was perfect it had a large double bed and a single bed. It was warm and comfortable. The shower must have been updated as it was quite plush I thought. I had a really good sleep in the hotel and it was very quiet. The absolutely only negative I had with the room was the size of the TV. I guess we are all used to massive ones at home.

So my €5 breakfast consisted of cereal and a full Irish. Two sausages two rashers two pudding an egg bread and butter.

I have to say that I would give The lodge top marks. It is absolutely perfect for those of us working during these times.

I actually decided to stay over again and the Thursday instead of going directly home as I was very knackered and I got an even nicer room ( 12) again this room is very spacious and I was met by a different receptionist who was more than friendly. Perfect.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2021

What can I say brilliant
My second time staying here .
Staff are lovely very accomodating girl at front desk 6.4.21 was very welcoming and friendly .Rooms lovely bright and clean and Breakfast was lovely and well presented.Well done Castle Lodge.And the lady served is breakfast very nice.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2020

We booked the 'Castle Lodge' for 4 nights at the end of September, and we are very happy with our choice.

The place it self is clean and tidy, with a very good location. It is in a walk-distance from the city centre and the restaurants, and at the same time has a very easy way out of Killarney for the hikes and Ring of Kerry trips. It is also very close to the National Park and the Ross Castle.

We booked it with breakfast included, which included full-irish and a selection of cereals and jams. I would had liked a more extense breakfast list, even though they have a menu, sometimes they also have some things out of the menu and you need to ask if they have it or not. I must also say that I prefer to have toasts with ham in the morning rather than a whole meal, but that is just own preference.

The bedroom was big and spacious. We asked for a bedroom with a bathtub, which was very comfortable, my only concern would be the access to the toilet which had a difficult uncomfortable access due to the small space between the sink and the toilet itself.

The service was good, but there is one staff that must be named. The reception lady, with red hair and a lovely attitude, made our trip better just by the service she provided, since the moment we checked in until we checked out, in most of the breakfasts and whenever we found her around the place.

In relation to the covid-19 restrictions, you have desinfectant gel available throughout the whole hotel. Also, the whole place was deeply cleaned and the tables were desinfected after use in the breakfast service, which made me feel safe. Masks use inside the hotel is in place and they even provide them upon request.

Room tip: If you have a preference, just ask. They are very good at taking requests and providing them.
Date of stay: September 2020