“Terrible service”

Price range: US$14 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Forty Foot Bar and Grill is located in the heart of Dun Laoghaire with panoramic views of Dun Laoghaire harbour that are beyond compare. The incorporation of the contemporary open fire, polished pewter bar counter, luxurious fabrics, innovative lighting and slick artwork by Terry Bradley creates a modern yet laid back atmosphere. The menu boasts an eclectic mix to tantalize the taste buds! Whether it’s dinner or drinks, the FortyFoot Bar and Grill has something for everyone. We have a vast selection of worldwide beers and an irresistible cocktail menu.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolute woeful service from staff members. I don’t know what has happened to the place post Covid as previous experiences had always been good. Majority of Staff are unmotivated and have no interest in being there. Long delays on EVERYTHING. Forgetting cutlery’s with your dinner and then having to wait to get someone’s attention to the point where your meal has gone cold. We were genuinely in tears laughing at how bad the experience was. Oh by the way, the ‘all day breakfast’ stops serving at 11. Brilliant! Will not be returning.

1  Thank 3ug
Write a reviewReviews (671)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After several visits to various Wetherspoons in both the UK and Ireland, this was by far the worst. We had previously enjoyed the Forty Foot on a few visits. Maybe it’s the COVID experience, but this was brutal. A long order process was bad enough, but all the food turning up at the same time starters and mains -was a joke. Lucky we hadn’t ordered desserts. Bottled beer was 3 weeks out of date - check your Kingfisher stocks Wetherspoons. Ordered a hot chocolate that turned up without chocolate - dopey waiter “we might actually be out of hot chocolate”. Really? Why bring it to the table then? You think we might not notice? A bad night, judging by the latest reviews not uncommon these days.

1  Thank harryfG5429FH
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Absolutely terrible service..I've seen corpses with more life than some of the staff..40 minutes trying to order a drink

1  Thank F6576TWpauld
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

We had already walked around Dunlaoire, got a glass of wine downstairs during covid might I add no seats in t italian restaurant, they charged 8 euro for a glass of white wine in a plastic cup.!!! Then went up to whetherspoons in the Fortyfoot pub, to give it a try.
The service was atrocious, waiting 5 or ten mins for each drink, we complained and was told it must be because of their online service. Drink is cheaper here ok, but I did not fancy going their again.

1  Thank marymH2465MP
Reviewed 6 August 2021

Family of four for dinner. We were met by a nice guy at the door who took our details but I'm afraid that's where our good experience ended. We were told to go upstairs and pick any table we want. There was nothing on the table only some paper menus. No one came to the table to take our order or offer us any drinks. When we approached a staff member we were told to download the app if we wanted to order and pay by card. I downloaded the app and tried to submit our order however it didn't go through. I asked a member of staff for help but he told me it was my fault that my order didn't go through as my Internet connection was bad and to just try again. Our order finally went through and we paid for our food upfront. Ten minutes after ordering and paying for our food a member of staff informed us that a dish my daughter had ordered was not available. At this stage we were at the premises for over 30 minutes so we decided to leave without our food. Refund would take 3 to 5 days. Staff were unapologetic and had no interest in actually helping us from the moment we sat down.