“Groupon Voucher - not worth the hassle”
Review of Restaurant 104

Restaurant 104
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 104 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 104 is an award winning restaurant in the heart of Drumcondra. A local favourite, we are open 7 days a week, from 9am to 10pm. We offer breakfast, lunch, dinner & weekend brunch menus as well as early bird & special offers. All of our food is cooked to order, using only the finest of ingredients. We source the best of Irish produce from dry aged beef steaks and fresh fish to crisp salads and mouth watering pastries, all delivered daily. With great quality food at affordable prices, we are a family favourite and popular choice for groups. Our full bar licence, beer & guinness on tap, bottled craft beers and a carefully selected wine menu, offer something to please all tastes. We have an excellent selection of mature cheeses and homemade chutneys, to compliment the excellent wine & craft beer selection. We serve one of the best coffees in Dublin; a slow roasted, single origin coffee, for take away or sit-in. Offering high speed free wifi and great afternoon deals on coffee & cake, we are a great location for an afternoon get together. Underground & on-street parking available on our doorstep although easy access on public transport too. Wheelchair & buggy friendly as well as baby changing facilities. Enjoy the comfortable surroundings and great music, while you are served by friendly & attentive staff. Outdoor dining is available all year round! We also have an excellent take-away menu available through Deliveroo Restaurant 104 has 2 unique private event spaces, where we can accommodate intimate dinner parties or drinks receptions with customised menus. We also have gift voucher & hampers available all year rounnd. Check out all of our 5* reviews on Tripadvisor and come and experience the great food for yourself.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I purchased a groupon for €49 for two starters, two mains and wine or beer. We intended to go on my husbands birthday that coming Saturday. I rang to book the table on a Tuesday, the lady that answered the phone asked me to hold for a second, 5 mins later I hung up and called back and she said she had forgotten about me. Proceeded to make the reservation and at the end of the call I advised I had a groupon voucher, she then advised me she had no tables to offer me, I queried this as this was not in the T&C's it simply stated if for use on the weekend to book early - I would consider booking on a Tuesday for a Saturday dinner early. She then said she couldn't offer me a table in case they are busy that night, I said it didn't state this anywhere in the T&C's and that they clearly had a table to offer me, she said she would have to speak to her manager and they would call me back. In the meantime I cancelled the groupon and got a refund. I still haven't received a call back from them and I would suggest the lady in question take some training for her telephone manner. I wouldn't bother with a groupon unless you want to use it midweek when it suits them.

Restaurant104, Owner at Restaurant 104, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Amy, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I will look into this for you. We do have a restriction on the number of Groupon bookings we can accommodate at the weekend but the manager should have called you back to explain. Karen

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughter and I arrived late morning & were starving!. Looking at the small row of restaurants across from our hotel, we just chose one, unknowing. We expected just basic food, for a basic price. We got much more. The food was excellent, as was the service. Don't let the small space deter you, worth a visit.

Thanks for the lovely review. Karen

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

The place is correct, but the food was quite disappointing, the burger is one of the worst I’ve ever had

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Had the early bird here with a friend.
Reasonable price for starter, main and a drink.
Could not fault the Guinness
Starter of pan fried prawns was spot on a very tasty.
Main course of prawns tagliatelle was delicious, but, it was the meanest little portion, it was gone in about 3 bites.
Had a 2nd pint after dinner to let it all settle but was still hungry after.
Dessert of death by chocolate... on the button.

Staff were pleasant and efficient.
Premises was clean, comfortable and warm.

3/5 because the early bird of €22 left me hungry but what I got was excellent so for the sake of 50g-75g of tagliatelle per dish would be closer to top marks.

Thanks for the review Joe. All feedback is welcome and appreciated. Karen

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Recently visited for dinner. The food was lovely as was the wine. Service was ok. Tables all very close together and felt more like a cafe than restaurant. Enjoyed our meal but thought was on the pricey side.

Thanks Edel, all feedback greatly appreciated. Karen