Ashling Hotel
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Harding Hotel(Dublin)
4,864 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Ashling hotel for 3 nights on a long easter weekend away to Dublin.

It’s a lovely hotel, rooms are clean, tidy and modern. Great bathroom facilities and a huge bed - what’s not to love!

We had a room on the 3rd floor and the windows aren’t double glazed so we got some street noise but nothing we couldn’t handle.

Staff we encountered were polite and friendly, overall we had a lovely stay.

It’s between 2 tram stops both of which were less than 5 minute walk. About 20 minute walk to temple bar area but plenty of stops for food and drink before there. We went to a concert at the 3 arena and the tram took us pretty much door to door which was extremely handy. It’s also walking distance to the Guinness factory.

One thing I wish we knew before was how close the hotel also was to the main station for the buses. The 747 bus takes you to the airport and the stop (first on the route going back to the airport) is 5 minute walk from the hotel. You can buy tickets on board for €12 return (€7 one way) which is much more preferred to paying €35 for a one way taxi ride like we did!! So there you go, head for the 747 bus straight out of arrivals - get off at Heuston stop, turn around and you can’t miss the Ashling over the road- your welcome! :)

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with your bedroom. It was great to learn that you found our team friendly and found our location good for exploring Dublin and accessing the LUAS Tram Line. I hope to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice, clean and modern. It is situated a bit far from city center (therefore I give it four and not five points), but the Luas-tram runs outside the hotel and takes you to city in 5 minutes. The staff in the bar was very inattentive, but that is the only negative thing to say.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobr12

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay. It was great to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and found our location convenient for access to the LUAS Tram Line which certainly is a great way to get to the city centre in a matter of minutes. I hope to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a short break at the Ashling to celebrate a birthday. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, any minor problems we encountered were sorted out immediately. We stayed in room 345 - a classic double which was a large room with a double and single bed. The room was immaculate and warm and cosy which was appreciated as we were staying on a cold and wet bank holiday weekend. Tea and coffee facilities were provided along with bottled water which were replenished the following day. The bathroom was also spotless with piping hot water! There were a few thoughtful touches - ear plugs if needed, pencil and paper by the phone. The staff sent chocolates for my daughter's birthday which was such a lovely gesture. We ate our evening meal in the Iveagh bar - the food was lovely and average price for the area - 14 euros plus depending on choice, with cocktails around 12 euros plus. We paid around 78 euros for 3 meals and a drink each. The breakfast each morning was truly amazing with an all you can eat buffet. When they say there is over 100 items they are not joking - the choice is astounding for around 10 euros each or around 12.50 if you want a cooked meal as well. Every taste is catered for, with a huge variety ranging from cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruits to pastries, croissants, waffles and pancakes. It is first-class and really sets you up for the day! We could not fault our stay at the Ashling. On our last day although we checked out at 12 noon our luggage was stored for us until we collected it at 6pm. It is obvious that everyone works extremely hard, but staff are always polite, friendly and happy to help. One thing to note is that in Ireland if you are told something is 15 minutes away on foot it isn't! The city centre is a good taxi drive away, along with Temple bar, with taxis ranging in price from 10 euros upwards. Taxi to the airport is about 25 - 30 euros. Dublin zoo however is within walking distance from the hotel and is a great day out for all ages. Notable pub to mention not to far away (jump in a taxi!) Is the Merchants - great atmosphere and live music and over the road from the Brazen Head - Ireland's oldest pub, which is worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with your bedroom. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar and were so impressed with the extensive selection at our breakfast buffet. I hope that the birthday celebrations were enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived at the Ashling Hotel early on Friday 30th March. I had requested a possible early check in but was advised at the time that this would depend on how busy they were the night before and I assumed that with it being a bank holiday, it would be extremely busy anyway. We arrived around 9.30 am and was advised nicely that the room wouldn't be ready, especially as I had requested a higher floor room with a nice view as we were celebrating 21st Birthdays. We dropped our luggage off at the luggage store (The guy there had a lovely sense of humour and seemed very cheerful) and started our walk back into the centre/temple bar area to explore our surroundings. The walk is around 15 minutes which is absolutely fine however can be a little bit of a struggle when you've been awake since 3am (also make sure you wear sensible shoes, I didn't and paid the price for the rest of the weekend with painful blisters).

We made our way back to the hotel around 1.30pm by which time we were extremely tired and hoping we could check in early. The staff we encountered at this time were lovely to speak to and happy to engage in conversation with us. Luckily our room was ready, we stayed in room 558, which had a lovely view as requested, with the Guinness factory in good view. The room was extremely clean and spacious and we were very happy with it. The staff had left a birthday card and chocolates which I thought was a lovely touch (Thank you!) The room had bottled water, tea/coffee (including decaf coffee which was great for me - however they didn't have decaf tea just to note), Shortbread. Both nights we were there we weren't disturbed at all by any noise, we didn't hear a peep out of anyone, or notice any outside noise in particular. Another handy addition was the safe, you can enter your own code to open/close it and this was great for keeping our passports and valuables in during our stay. Another thing I really liked about the hotel, is that you need a valid room key to actually enter into the corridors where the rooms are for extra security, meaning that none guests at the hotel couldn't enter those areas at all.

We had breakfast the Saturday which was lovely and there was so much to choose from. The highlight food-wise for us at the hotel was the lunch we had in the Iveagh Bar. It was so tasty and very reasonably priced especially for the quality. The bar has a really laid back vibe and is a really nice atmosphere, especially in the evenings if you want a quiet drink or two.

One thing I did take away with me (which is unfortunate as I said to my other half, everything else we really couldn't fault) The member of staff on check out wasn't particularly interested in us when we came to checking out. Granted it was 5.30am, but you would expect to atleast get a smile and be asked if we enjoyed our stay, which he never asked or even acknowledged that we were leaving. It was all very get the job done and that's that, which was a shame considering we had really enjoyed everything else during our time here.

(Whilst you're in Dublin, definitely consider the zoo which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We are a 21 year old couple and had such a good day there!)

Room Tip: Room 558, Extremely Quiet and Nice Views
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and liked your bedroom with the view of the Guinness Brewery. It was great to learn that you enjoyed your meal and the nice atmosphere in the Iveagh Bar. We hope that the birthday celebrations went well and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A really great stay here. There was unfortunately an overbooking issue for my first night so I was given a smaller room than booked. The staff however were very good at dealing with this and gave me free breakfast and a room upgrade for the rest of the stay without prompting and continued to check in with me throughout my stay to make sure everything was OK. The customer service offered from the entire reception team was absolutely faultless.

The location of the hotel was great and rooms were lovely and comfortable and with a fantastic view out of the front. The breakfast offered a wide range of things (though the hot chocolate was not so hot) and the food in the bar was also great.

Very happy with my stay here and would absolutely stay again. The staff really are the best feature of this very high standard hotel.

Room Tip: Front rooms offer a great view
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for your very kind comments on your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to learn that our team looked after you so well and you enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you found our location great and enjoyed your meals in the Iveagh Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future.