2 people are viewing this hotel
US$114
Free cancellation until 07/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$93
Free cancellation until 06/10/21
Agoda.com
US$64
Free cancellation until 05/10/21
Hotels.comUS$93
eDreamsUS$114
CheapTicketsUS$93
All reviews common room temple bar great location bunk beds free breakfast dublin castle stayed nights central location trinity college hostel cereal buses
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came back from Dublin and Kinlay House.
It was an ok hostel. It does have some stains on carpets amongst other things. Apparently, someone totally destroyed a toilet on the first floor, and hopefully the will fix that quickly!
The mattress on the bed is too hard for my taste.
The breakfast is very basic, it´s free though!

If you need anywhere for just sleep, then it´s fine, as the Location is amazing!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Not enough social distance, bathroom pretty far from bedroom. Good attention from recepcionist, good ambient, respectful people. The breakfast was good enough. The beds need curtains for minimun privacy.

Room tip: You feel safer if you travel alone, but it's more comfortable a small share bedroom
Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2021

Kinlay House is a very nice hostel with a self catering kitchen, sitting room. It's very well organised and secure as doors operate on a electronic key system. The rooms are clean and tidy as are the beds. The showers available are very good and hot all times of the day. A breakfast is available for those who want it from 8-10 am. The staff are very friendly and accommodating with all queries. It is definitely a place I'd stay in again. It is central to most areas in the city but there are buses and trams you can use if you want to explore more of the city.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2021

I was here for a night. The overall experience was fair enough. The staff and mainly lady at reception was very cooperative and helpful. I made few friends out there in a evening. Overall it was good. Place was clean and tidy.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2020

I went on a holiday in which I stayed in 3 different youth hostels. Ths first two were great and I'll be leaving them "good" TripAdvisor reviews at least. I thought that hostels weren't as bad as people said that they were but this hostel made me fear for my own safety.
I understand that it's common for each room to house a large number of people, but 20 is a silly number- it's just so difficult to regulate. I suppose that that's why the person sleeping on the bed next to me warned me about having my phone charging at the side of my bed: "Hide your stuff," he said, "They steal things".

And the guests weren't very well-behaved, either! Don't get me wrong, I met three Scottish students who were welcoming, funny, and made me feel comfortable enough to sleep in the first night. But I also met 2 individuals who scared me with undeterred flirty advances- I tried to be polite but one can only put up for so long. And when you're already tired from sleeping with one eye open, that's sure to diminish your patience.
The last hostel I had been in was friendly and inspired me to make good use of the communal spaces but this one taught me why that is a very bad idea. Not least that their pool room had very little pool, disproportionate to the number of homeless people who congregated there.

Don't be persuaded by their "free breakfast", either- a piece of toast is not enough incentive to neglect your sleep, security, and sense of adventure. Rather, go to a nice hotel (my Scottish friends noticed that it aould have been cheaper for them to get a 3 bed room in the Hilton) and then visit the Cafe across the road from Kimlay, on your stay. I think it's called Bittersweet and they gave me a warm place to read over breakfast in the morning and afternoon, with sweet treats to replenish my waning energy. This was one of the few places I felt warm in my trip to Dublin (except maybe the art galleries) because the room and shower were so cold that I kept my day clothes on beneath my pyjamas for sleeping, and would have done the same for showering (if it did not defeat the point of wiping away the fearful sweat which had built up beneath my jumper in thw nighttime, despite my shivering).

During my second (and final) night, I was almost overjoyed that my flight left early in the morning. There may have been no places in Dublin for me to sit safely (since you have to eat if your go to a pub- and no one can do that for 6 hours until the pub closes) so I instead spent the night in Dublin airport, with the artificial livelihood that comes from a couple of caffeinated beverages.

I had a lovely time in Dublin, which is weird since my accommodation made me ineffably scared.

Date of stay: September 2020