“Great value for early bird menu”
Review of The Pig's Ear

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really good early bird menu on offer; Started with Chicken Liver, Pork & Smoked Black Pudding Terrine which was tasty however parter opted for the cured salmon which was nicer. The brown bread was really good. For main opted for duck leg, covered in toasted oats, meat was delicious. The chicory was overdone and slightly burnt, personally too bitter for me. Would recomend the side of champ mash was delicious. Really enjoyed the 'black forrest' for dessert, would eat a whole bowl of 'milk jam' which was the bottom layer. Black forrest was much nicer than the cheesecake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't really think that it was up to what what we heard of it. Yeah we expected small portions, however, maybe it was my luck, my dish was not really that good. I had some stomach issues after the dinner. The cheese cake; presentation was excellent, the texture was not at all good, it was like pudding, and taste was not real close to NY Cheesecake.
The service somehow cocky, rushing, and not too much cared. The price well I did not pay it:-), someone else picked up the tab.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at The Pig’s Ear on a Monday evening in March. The food was delicious but the waiting staff were quite reserved, not friendly and keen to offer local recommendations in the same way that the staff at other restaurants like The Winding Stair have been during our trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made reservation from Belgium with mail, got prompt and very friendly reply. Upon arrival we recieved a warm welcome. Staff was friendly and efficient. Starter arrived whilst still nipping at our apertive, but that's kindly forgiven, we enjoyed a great meal. Well deserved Michelin Bib Gourmand for the Irish twist of French cuisine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered a duck leg covered lots of cornflakes with grape wine sauce. The taste was rich and delicious. I loved the combination of cornflakes and meat. It was more than amazing. This Irish restaurant is definitely one of the must-gos.