“My new go to for delicious food!”
Review of Fallon & Byrne

Fallon & Byrne
Ranked #1,844 of 2,811 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Description: Fallon & Byrne's new food hall and casual self-service eatery in Rathmines is a 10,000 sq. ft. space, accessible from its own entrance on Castlewood Avenue as well as from within the Centre. The food hall carried the best artisan foods from Ireland and abroad while the casual dining offering includes seating for 100 people inside and on the heated outdoor terrace.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I finally got to try this branch last week (I went especially into town from another county to try it!) And I was so pleasantly surprised! It definitely has the Fallon & Byrne feel to it, but with more space and easy to access ! I got lovely stuff from the butcher (quails and French sausage impossible to find anywhere else), some sweet treats (one of the best places for lemon tarte) and stocked up on Irish and French cheeses. Also stopped by their café and I had one of the best muffins in a very long time. So fresh and moist.
Will definitely be back !

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had two bacon and sausage sandwiches today and the only word to use for these is poor quality and tasteless. After you order your sandwiches which are toasted while you wait you have to queue at another counter for your coffee. The logistics in the restaurant which has very friendly and helpful staff are dreadful.

To compound matters a latte had to be re made three times as it was cold. It is served in a glass. For a finish we had to ask for the glass to be heated.

We ordered a slice of Bakewell Tart was was simply terrible. At best it tasted like cardboard.

Overall a shocking experience from ordering food, trying to order coffee, the quality of both the sandwiches and cake were dreadful. The americano in fairness was excellent and the third late was very nice.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A gem, great selection of very tasty food at most reasonable prices. The food store has an amazing choice and is an education in itself.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

the carvery lunch/dinner for 11 Euro is very good value and the quality is great too.just one thing,they are only the choice of two sides that always seem to be the same when I go in.i would eat this a few times a week if the veg changed

1  Thank Marc C
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I pop in here from time to time. It's a bit pricey for certain things but there's also some reasonably priced items. Layout wise it takes a bit of getting used to & it's handy to read the "this is how it works" sign if you want to stay & eat. But then again should it not be simpler?

Food isles are a bit tight to navigate.

My main reason for writing about this new shop/eatery is that when I get some food to take away, I'm given a large plastic container. When I sat down to eat a crepe, there was only single use plastic utensils beside the crepe counter. And no glassware for water, just disposable cups. The crepe was very nice when I got to eat it.

I had to go to the pizza counter then the deli counter & eventually the restuarant counter to find silverware. Real utensils, not made of plastic, not binned after one use. And a glass made of glass for a drink of water.

I choose not to use plastic at home & when I spend money in a cafe/restaurant I don't want to spend it on plastic.

A foil or waxed cardboard container would be so much better for deli food purchased to take away & all the pre made food is in plastic too (at the chilled section near the till.) Disappointing. Why not be innovators & lead the way in sustainable packaging?