Free cancellation until 07/26
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$116
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$124
Blarney Hotel & Golf Resort(Blarney)(Great Value!)
US$139
Travelocity
Maranatha Country House(Blarney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$105
Blarney Caravan & Camping Park(Blarney)(Great Value!)
US$29
Pitchup.com
Ashcroft Bed & Breakfast(Blarney)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2005

On a recent ten day trip to Ireland, my family and I were scheduled to stay in three different B&B's throughout the Southeastern/Southwestern part of the island.

On our fourth night, we checked into the Hillview House which is located in Killard (County Cork) just a mile or so from Blarney and the famous Blarney Castle/Stone.

The owner, Fran, was very nice and very accommodating but the Hillview House was really disappointing. Although the house doesn't look that old from the outside, it proved to have a "run down" feel to it along with a rather peculiar smell that literally woke me in the night. My teenage son, who had been delighted with the breakfasts at the previous B&B, commented that he didn't feel comfortable eating at the Hillview House (although we did and the breakfast proved to be disappointing as well - although not as much as the house itself). We were able to see a little of the kitchen while walking down the hall of the house (Fran left the door slightly ajar) and I was disturbed by the condition of what I saw. I also found it interesting that all the other B&B's waited until our last day to ask for our travel vouchers (we had booked through an agent) and Fran asked for them immediately - my husband and I got the sense that a lot of people had probably left without paying in the past.

After only one night there, we called our next B&B and asked if they could take us early - they could and we paid extra money out of pocket (the entire trip was prepaid otherwise) so that we didn't have to spend another day at the Hillview House.

Again, Fran is very nice and I wish her no ill will but when you pay a hefty sum of money for a family vacation, you want to stay in places that are clean and comfortable. If we had been forced to stay at the Hillview House for an extended amount of time, it would have ruined our trip.

6  Thank JLP1224