2,507 results
All reviewsbonga wongaburger kinglive loungesoft playprestige caravanbrigs of ayrgo kartspapa johnschinese vankintyre viewfun starsgreat holidaycrazy golfroller discoclimbing wallwater walkerschinese takeaway
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

i first went here with my partners family and my daughter who was then 3. i went back again last year with my partner and 3 kids and have literally just booked to go back again at the end of june bringing my sister this time along with my partner and kids. my kids all love it the only time they complained is when it was bed time my youngest girl thought we where there to live last time she didnt want to go home. cant wait until 25th june to get back

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Craig T, Guest Relations Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at Craig Tara.

I was so pleased when i read this. I love that your Daughter want to live here. That's giving our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime right there.

We cant wait to see you all in June.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to spend time with family. Wide range of entertainment for kids all ages. Excellent swimming pool.
Close to the beach, walking distance to Greenan Castle.
Few minutes driving to Ayr city centre.
We had deluxe caravan, which was very spacious, clean and warm.
Definitely will come back!

The only thing which could be changed is, that in each caravan should provided dish sponge, washing up liquid, bin bag, so we don’t need to do basic shopping as a first thing after checking in.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at Craig Tara.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your holiday with us. Thank you for your suggestion of a welcome bag i will pass this comment on to our Accommodation Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t normally do this, but here’s my review after a whole 7 hours of being here!
First of all we arrive to be told that the ‘Prestige’ Caravan we’ve been allocated is the 2nd last furthest away from EVERYTHING else on the site!!!!
We had 4 kids and an infant in a buggy with a 15 minute, UPHILL struggle to get to Caravan. Nightmare!
Once in the Caravan, things didn’t get any better.
We found play beads on the floor, a couple of small springs(obv from some kids toy), and old crisps under nearly every cushion on the pull out bed! All of which our little one could’ve found and choked on! He’s only 1yr, so crawling about and picking up everything.
The list goes on!
There was a huge dead moth on the floor in the toilet, a couple of kids clothing sticky tags dotted about here and there, oh and a rather dangerous broken first step into the Caravan!
There was also around 10 cigarette butts lying at the foot of the outside steps, YUCK!
I called down to reception to ask if there were any other free caravans closer to main complex that we could move to, only to be told that we would need to downgrade to a Standard Caravan, which was smaller.
Now there’s 2 adults and 5 kids here, no way could we downsize, we would just have to suffer the walking (in the pouring rain every day!)
When I asked how they allocated the caravans she said it was whoever turned up first got the first caravans that were ready, so in other words, if you turn up after the main rush, basically you get what’s left.
Asked if this was explained on the website, to be told that it isn’t.
Last but not least, to really put the dampeners on the start of the holiday, there was no duvet or pillows for the pull out bed.
Now granted we only noticed this when we went to make the bed up around 11pm, but we called security to ask for one and were told they’d be as quick as they could.
ONE AND A HALF HOURS LATER!
Yes that’s right, 1 & 1/2 hours later, they finally brought them.
Late night for us then
Now this isn’t the first time we’ve booked through Haven or our first time at Craig Tara, in fact we’ve been here 3 times before.
And to be honest, the facilities, eating places, entertainment etc are actually really good. There’s always loads for the kids to do and that’s why we come.
But this has to have been the worst ever first impression of a Caravan Park I’ve ever had.
Lousy caravan, situated way to far from main complex for a family with kids and toddlers and probably the dirtiest caravan I’ve been in in a long time.
We may be looking elsewhere for next years Easter break.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey E

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at Craig Tara.

I can see you did log a full complaint with us. Please allow 14 days for a written response.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This site has everything you need to keep a family entertained, it is quite a large site but well maintained. Swimming pool is great, we spent a total of 6 hours in it over the weekend and could have easily spent more. All staff were great and friendly, brigs of Ayr restaurant does get busy at tea time as does the bonga wonga but always managed to get a table. Fairground rides were ok, there's trampolines, a large soft play, lazer tag, climbing wall, archery, go karts and the arcades were good too

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at Craig Tara.

Wow what an action packed holiday you all had! I am delighted to reed you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest relations

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My kids loved it plenty to do inside and out great parks near the complex. Heads of ayr farm just around the corner. Goin again in June.best place to take the kids the beach not that far away either :)

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at Craig Tara.

Sounds like you made the most of all we have to offer both on park and in the surrounding area.

We look forward to seeing you in June.