“Very good indeed”

Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning loch views, freshly caught local seafood and a glass of wine in a warm and cosy atmosphere - it's the perfect recipe for relaxing after you've had an enjoyable day exploring the Highlands. If you enjoy the finer things in life, you'll love Crannog.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really good fresh and seasonal seafood, with a great wine list to compliment it.

I've tried to go here several times over the years, but it's always been busy or closed. This time in Fort William was successful and I was really glad I did.

The service is good, without being overbearing and the menu is wide ranging, with seafood being the main offering.

I had mussels and then a monkfish tail with fennel risotto. The portion of mussels was very generous indeed, while the fish was meaty and tender.

I would definitely look to book in advance to make sure I could eat there again when I am in Fort William.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,155)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited the restaurant on Saturday evening.

The place was busy, which is always a good sign. Seafood was very fresh -- cold and hot smoked salmon for starters as well as hake and salmon for mains. Hake that I ordered was served with sweet potato mash, asparagus, and spinach (?) pesto.

Although our meals were tasty, I do think that they were overpriced. The mentioned starter, for example, cost £10. Hake -- almost £20. 175 ml wine -- £7.90. Due to high prices, I wasn't able to leave a tip, which I always do. Regarding the service, it was efficient and polite, but nothing extraordinary.

I also agree with some reviewers who mentioned that dishes lacked flavour. I thought that about my main course, hake. I ordered it a previous night in Lime Tree Restaurant (it was obviously served differently) and I enjoyed it more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fresh, tasty seafood with friendly staff and a lovely view of the water. Decent portion sizes, highly recommend the Cullen skink and mussels for main. Would definitely go back again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food. Some dishes are pricey but if you like fish and seafood it’s a must. Great location with a stunning view over the loch.
Good service, friendly staff. Place is busy and can feel a bit crammed but lovely food.
No parking that I’m aware of.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the set meal and it was really nice. No complaints. On times it can be hit and miss. But overall definatly with a try. The staff are always friendly