Mercure Inverness Hotel
US$180
US$150
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$199
US$166
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$287/night.

Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)
US$205
US$171
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

An Grianan(Inverness)
US$122
Loch Ness Lodge(Abriachan)
US$359
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,304 results
All reviewsthe riversuperior rooma river view roomreception stafftrain stationcity centrenesshighlands
Reviewed 4 August 2015

The hotel is nicely located, the staff was pleasant, and parking was convenient. But it is so run down and noisy. We were kept awake by seagulls outside our window every single night. Our window was absolutely covered in seagull droppings. The pipes made loud noises each and every time the toilet was flushed. And breakfast left quite a bit to be desired (no variety and staff seemed overwhelmed).

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChicagoPair
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for your guest review, all feedback is very important to us. I am sincerely sorry that you left the Hotel disappointed this is not our usual high standard of service at all. I would like to take this up with you off line to discuss further. Unfortunately the rules of this forum do not allow me to post my telephone number or e-mail address on this post. Could I ask you to call the hotel and ask for myself.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Me and my friend came to inverness for shopping and a 'wee' cheeky night out. We booked a deal 2 nights B+B and dinner on the first night. Staff were very friendly and know alot about where to go. Breakfast was a great start to the day and dinner just topped it off. I had the ribs (yummy). Thank you for making it a very enjoyable trip.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea T
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Inverness, I am glad tohear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our central location to enjoy some of the excellent local bars within walking distance.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future for another night out, cheeky or not!
Gneral Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I stayed in this hotel at the start of my North Coast 500 tour around northern Scotland. Arriving in the car park of the hotel, I though that it looked a throwback from the 60's concrete craze and wasn't too appealing. If there was one negative comment its the actual building itself doesn't inspire much.

Waking up the stairs to the reception area, the hotel itself appeared to be standard business fare. check in was easy and efficient. The room itself was a good size, but the view, which was supposed to be river view, was nothing but a concrete roof (concrete must have been in vogue at the time of building). The beds were comfortable and the bathroom a good size, although I would have liked a bath as well as a walk in shower to have been provided. What was a bit strange was a Scottish scene painting on the ceiling right above our bed. I have heard of mirrors, but a painting ??? Another interesting point was the full scale picture of a man on the wardrobe... a bit disconcerting when you wake up in the middle of the night in a dozy daze. One negative was the sleep quality, as the birds on the river made one almighty noise very early in the morning.

As for location, you probably cant get any better right in the heart of the city. Many of the sights, the bars and restaurants are within minutes walking, some right on the doorstep.

Breakfast was reasonable but nothing outstanding.

Prices a little above what I normally would have expected to pay for a room of this standard and size... but I think Inverness accommodation is generally expensive.

Room Tip: I would probably request a room on the city side rather than the riverside...due to the early morning wake up call from the birds
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linzerbairn

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, we appreciate your constructive and positive feedback and will use this as we continually try to improve our service. Our local Gull population is a slight issue within the city at the moment and the local authority are dealing with it.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

While the Inn is showing definite signs of aging it still demonstrates hospitality and services right next to the River Ness and 2 blocks from the Waverly Train Station right downtown and minutes from all the shops and outlets of Inverness. Splendid breakfast in the morning and cheerful staff, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Ness River are best
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank travellingsinclairs

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found our location handy! It is a very central Hotel and works well for transport links.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We stayed at this hotel following very positive stays at the Mercure Hotel in Sheffield.
Sadly this hotel was not in the same league and was slightly disappointing.
We booked a 3 night break and were allocated a room with a street view. On the first night we noticed the noise from the pubs, clubs and passers by.
On the second night it was far worse and we requested to be moved.
Our third night was in a river view room which was much much quieter.
On other points, the staff were pleasant, friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was decent.
We paid premium prices for a rather dated and poor value experience.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HandT69

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Inverness, I am sorry to hear that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during this stay. Please be assured your feedback will be used as we continually try to improve our service to guests and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.