Murray House
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bspare blanketskipperslocation was perfectcomfortable staycaithness horizonslittle thingsvisiting familymain roadwithin walking distancecomfortable bedsthree nightsrecommend staying herecooked breakfasta great place to stayenjoyed our stayshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't book anything before arriving in Thurso (because I didn't know where we would have spent the night) but I had a look and there were very good prices.
When I arrived, of course, the good offers where gone, but it's not high season so I thought I'd have found something good. I phoned the number of this place (after 3 negative responses) and I got a call back from the owner, that very kindly agreed to meet us there in few minutes but told me that the room was £70 WITHOUT breakfast, or £85 with it. I was tired so I agreed for the first price. Very nicely he showed us the parking space and the room, quite good with a private bathroom inside. I am quite sure that we were the only people in there (the place is big).
The owner was very nice, let me pay with the card and chatted with us for a bit. Nothing to complain about the room, the position or the owner, but the price is absolutely too high.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Our room was nice, big towels in bathroom! Breakfast was good with plenty of choice of cooked breakfast. Service friendly. Came and went as we pleased. We had a pleasant stay during our tour of north coast. We booked at last minute - as a break from camping trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Good location, clean and comfortable accommodation, But, as with lots of B&Bs, the lovely bathroom is let down by tiny towels and a lack of toiletries. Breakfast was good, with the exception of the bread. Sliced bread, toasted too early produces something rather inedible. Small complaints overall, but worth remedying.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 25, 2017

The property is just off a main road in a largely residential area. Our room was very clean, comfortable , and the bathroom was even better. Couldn't fault the breakfast. The property is run by local folk who appreciate your custom, even if they don't live on the premises. it is very central to Thurso, and has a number of restaurants near it. 'Red Pepper was our best meal, but if you are there at the weekend, make sure you book in advance. 'Y Not' restaurant/bar was ok, but it closed at 2130 hrs the Wednesday night we were there. There is also an Indian. and a Chinese close by.

Room Tip: We had Room 6. Room 3 is by the main road
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful wood trimmed rooms, comfortable beds, spare blankets and towel heater in the bathroom. Lovely breakfast area and a few books to read in the small lounge. Sadly breakfast wasn't of same quality. Coffee needs a major quality upgrade and breads seem mass manufactured vs the wonderful home made variety throughout the rest of the country. Still a recommended place, just order tea instead and go out for a coffee elsewhere.

1  Thank Ryan D