“Fresh and friendly 🌸🐟”

Pickled Ginger Finnieston
Reserve with OpenTable
Pickled Ginger Finnieston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #298 of 2,632 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Came in for a birthday dinner before going to the theatre and had a fantastic meal served by some lovely lovely staff. Phoned ahead to ask if it was ok to come in earlier than I'd reserved my table, and they were totally cool with it and didn't make us feel rushed while we waited for our other friend.
We ordered a lot of food. All of which was eaten and very much enjoyed! I'd recommend the special of seabass tempura and the seafood bento was delicious. The cocktails were great as well. I'll defo be back

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Love their food, always so fresh and tasty. I have never eaten in but usually opt for collection.

Pickled Ginger also has great vegan options while being reasonably priced. I would recommend the tofu bento box with the avocado or cucumber maki.

The only reason I haven't given them 5 stars is because I always request the bento box be "veganised" (mayo removed from salad) but it still always comes with mayo on it, therefore I can't eat the salad that comes with it. This has happened 3 times so far.

Overall, I would still recommend if you are looking for some tasty food.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This is my and my girlfriend's favourite place in Glasgow. The best sushi in town and great service every time!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I went when Pickled Ginger opened and was very impressed - nice atmosphere, good food, good service.

But a recent visit was disappointing.

Some advice for staff:

It's ok to smile at customers.
Welcome them when they arrive ( even 'hello' would be nice)
Serve the cocktails within 20 minutes of them being ordered.
Announce the specials, and apologise for those that are not available....
Be attentive, rather than ignoring customers
Get the bill right first time.
Say goodnight when customers leave having spent over £200

( none of the above happened. There were not many customers in.)

I like this place, and hope it was just a one off, that we just got a bad night.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Pickled Ginger has become one of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow for take out and sit-in. The basic menu is fantastic and there are varying specials to add a bit of variety. My biggest problem when I go here is that I can never decide what to get because I have never had a bad meal. The choice of drinks is comprehensive and they do some pretty good cocktails, however to top it off they have one of the best whiskey collections I have ever seen!
Definitely a must!