“delicious haggis entree and sea bream main”
Review of Stravaigin

Stravaigin
Ranked #230 of 2,690 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$1 - US$38
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Stravaigin is old Scots for 'wander', a word that nicely encapsulates the restaurant's ethos. Both the menu and d��cor evolve; there's a wonderful creativity about this West End favourite. Locally-sourced ingredients are used to create imaginative international dishes such as Indonesian pork balls with vermicelli noodle jam jar salad. For something closer to home, try the haggis - recently voted the best in Scotland. The subtly dark, leather- wallpapered basement restaurant shares a menu and nautical theme with the less formal caf�� bar above. Service is informal yet informed. The staff know the menu and wines inside out and are adept at keeping cool under pressure, especially during the pre-theatre scrum. Exciting , affordable food without the foodie formalities.
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had a meal with some friends and was blown away by the food and wines on offer. Haggis was perfectly spiced and the sea bream was exceptional.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We visited in a fairly large party (nine) and we had been in Glasgow all day, sampling the very best of Scottish alcoholic fare so we were a rather jolly bunch. Not quite a restauranteer's nightmare but there could well have been a bit of trepidation on their behalf! It went unnoticed!. Drink and food orders were taken and fulfilled quickly, the waiting staff were engaging and joined in our merriment and the atmosphere and environment was excellent. The food looks tiny; when it came I thought I would be leaving hungry, but I think it's because the plates are so so large it's deceiving! ALthough the desserts looked amazing, I was stuffed after two courses. A definite venue to return to should we find ourselves in Glasgow again.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

There's a pub and a cafe upstairs serving curry and nasi goreng etc. The food coming from the kitchen looked great and smelt wonderful. The kitchen is downstairs and made the place quite hot as its open to the stairs and reception area.
We ate downstairs..I ordered a margarita which was delicious but took a while to arrive. Had an Austrian red wine which was excellent. Just had main courses.. I had a cauliflower and cheddar cake on spiced chickpeas and tahini and veg which was tiptop. My husband had a huge portion of flat iron steak which he enjoyed and the side order of green veg with labneh was also delicious. Ordered cheese to share but it took far too long to arrive and we were flagging so cut and run. Nice waitresses..very relaxed atmosphere and well flavoured/ balanced food. I would recommend and go there again for a casual night out.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and would return. We were other in a lager crowd and were well catered for

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Had an enjoyable session this morning with 3 friends for brunch. French Toast, Eggs Benedict and Granola with Raspberry yogurt all went down well. Staff were very attentive, and even his Dublin/Doubling joke about the Guinness that was consumed ( for medical reasons obviously...) added to the fun! A mix of drinkers, coffee drinkers and diners all enjoying this relaxed and friendly location, suiting all types of clients. They even seemed to cater well for dogs in the room!!
To top it all, I hadn't realised I was sitting under a road sign to Kane's & Tighnabruaich, where my Granda built his retirement home - happy memories