“Traditional Polished well kept Pub”
Review of The Iron Horse Bar

The Iron Horse Bar
Ranked #15 of 213 Nightlife in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Off the bus at Buchanan Street we almost walked past the pub as it doesn't look all that appealing from the outside. But the large windows and varied clientele were an invitation to go in. And we were in need of a pint after all!
Not having been here before I headed straight to an empty table whilst my husband ordered drinks at the bar. Unbeknownst to me I was sat in the dining area but the very nice barmaid said we'd be fine unless it got too busy when she might ask us to vacate. Fair enough, we weren't eating, seemed reasonable. Looking at the very affordable and varied menu I wished we hadn't had lunch earlier!
I'd say most people in the pub were locals who knew a good thing when they saw it. All the food coming from the kitchen, soup, toasties, mince & tatties, looked great.

All reviews
"banter"
"scotland"
"wee"

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This was our 2nd visit for a pub lunch and very impressed, This is still a traditional pub in the city centre and handily positioned. The food is excellent and reasonably priced with good quality. The staff are very good and efficient whilst price of drink is reasonable for city centre. In all a good place to go for a traditional pub lunch.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Right in the heart of the city, close to Holiday Inn Theatreland and the large shopping centre around the corner, also opposite the lovely Italian - Amalfi.
My colleague and I spent a couple of hours unwinding and chilling after a busy day at work.
Very good prices, friendly service and good atmosphere, nice and busy from 5 til 7pm.
Tv`s showing news and sport.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Had the mac and cheese and it was very nice indeed.
Comes with chips and a nice wee side salad. Very friendly staff and extremely quick service.