“Saturday dinner with friends”

The Finnieston Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #311 of 2,314 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On the bustling stretch of Glasgow's Argyle Street sits a diminutive blue building, dwarfed by lofty tenements. From humble beginnings as a Drovers' Tavern c.1800, (and said to have been frequented by Rob Roy Macgregor!) a cabinet maker, a hotelier and even a dairy farmer have called its' brick walls home. Today, the building is home to The Finnieston Bar & Restaurant, serving up the very best in Scottish Seafood and Award Winning Cocktails, Champagnes and Beers. We pride ourselves on our commitment to serving only the very best of Seasonal and Sustainable Scottish Seafood, complimented by local Scottish Produce, whilst our award winning Bartenders craft exceptional cocktails featuring our carefully sourced selection of Gin.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Have always loved this place and the food. Service was good but the main courses were bland and not seasoned. I had the Cod with Orzo and it had never seen salt, my partner had the spaghetti with clams. We should have raised this with the kitchen but when you are with friends you do not want to be that guy. Oysters and starters amazing but left disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (951)

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

We were very excited to dine here. Menu looked amazing and the area is good.
I stupidly got the wrong time and was 30 mins early so had to go and come back.
The person taking our order was lovely, friendly and brought a warm welcome. We ordered cocktails to begin whilst deciding what to eat.
Monkfish scampi was delicious. My partner had the langoustines which were delightful.
It went downhill from here! I had the half lobster… was very small for £24. The lobster was ok but the fries were stuck together and nothing was seasoned. No salt or pepper on any of the tables. Staff seemed to have disappeared at this point. As I was eating my fries (chewing at the time) a member of staff just picked my plate up assuming because my partner had finished that I had finished. She could see I was still eating but rather putting my plate back just weirdly said she thought I’d finished followed by ‘oh, do you want it back’ I felt so greedy and uncomfortable I couldn’t say yes although I still had chips, garnish and a little lobster left (knife and fork still on the table not on the plate) just can’t see how she thought I was finished. So one member of staff was great. But the overall enjoyment was rather let down by the rest of the evening. Given that 2 cocktails, a bottle of wine, 2 starters and 2 mains was reasonably priced at £100. I would have liked better customer service throughout and seasoning on my food! I won’t return. Oh and the toilets could do with a check every now and again as they were dirty and no loo roll in two cubicles!

1  Thank 495kellyl
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

Arranged to go for dinner on arrival we where left waiting over 25 minutes. Two parties came in after us they had they orders taken and we where still left waiting. I tried twice to flag down a waiter and twice I was ignored. I understand places are busy however to ignore us and serve two other parties when we had a table booked is very poor

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

On this occasion we decided to sample their meat dishes, my god what a mistake.

My wife ordered the Burger and I the Steak , both were shocking, we would have been better going to McDonalds for a Big Mac.

On previous visits the fish dishes were good , however their meat dishes are the worst I have tasted in almost 5 years, stay away from them as every single part of this meal was disgusting .

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

First time at this Restaurant and I tell you won't be the last. Dog friendly even gave the dog a chopped up burger in his own bowl.

Our food was so so good can recommend KullnSkint and the mussels, lagostines, everything was just fab and service 110%.

Would highly recommend

Well done "The Finnieston"