“Lovely food....shame about the background musak”
Review of Celino's Partick

Celino's Partick
Ranked #592 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here with seven family members and found the food to be lovely, the staff friendly and the overall ambience warm and comfortable. As previously not an Italian food affectionado I was more than pleased with food and the whole experience eating here. All of my family members shared these opinions and felt their experience to be superb.The only elephant in the room was the noise from the speakers which interfered with our conversations and resembled a dull rumble

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am pleasantly surprised by how delicious the food had here was. Despite living close by, I never had the need to venture into Celino’s until my friend suggested it for lunch today.

I came in thinking it would be mediocre italian food but I was wrong. All the food I had was seasoned perfectly and tasted delicious. I had mussels in garlic wine sauce whilst my friend had beef ravioli with mushroom cream sauce. They all packed a lot of flavour.

The only downside was that service was a bit slow. It was quite busy so it could be the reason why it took a while for mains to go out and the bill to come.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had dinner here and it was brilliant. Wide choice on the menu and we all had different things, including pasta, seafood and desserts. We had been once before, when it just opened and are glad we decided to go back. It was very busy but had a lovely atmosphere. Food amazing. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having been on several occasions to Celino's in Dennistoun, I had the opportunity to visit its Partick counterpart.
The menu appeared to be identical to the Dennistoun restaurant so no bad thing.
The food maintained the usual high standard however the service fell short of what I was expecting.
Plus points were the mozzarella with arrabiata dip and the splendidly large il padrino pizza.
The waiter began with offering what was described as a "special offer" on a wine that was being recommended. Usually 'special offer' suggests some sort of bargain but in this case it would have meant paying over the odds. We did attempt to get something off the wine list but were hampered by Celino's having run out of this or that no longer being available. We eventually got offered something nearer our desired price albeit not from the list.
We were also told on booking that the table needed to be vacated by 8:45 presumably on the basis of some in-coming party but in reality I suspect this had more to do with the booking system as no new guests came to claim the table.
Finally they got the bill wrong or at least someone else's bill.
Overall good food but doesn't match the Dennistoun Celino's for charm and service. Too big and too impersonal.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited with friends recently and was very impressed by both the deli & the restaurant. A la carte menu was good but the lunch menu of two courses for £10.95 was ideal. Great choice and excellent portions. Busy restaurant but service good & food quality right on the mark. Only complaint was that it was pretty noisy!