“Another fantastic evening dining at Iberica”
Review of Iberica Glasgow

Iberica Glasgow
Reserve with OpenTable
Iberica Glasgow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 2,570 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Description: Located on the corner of St Vincent Street and Hope Street, Ibérica used to be a Royal Bank of Scotland branch. Enjoy a full meal, such as paella alongside our signature tapas, or just nibble while you have a glass of wine by our stunning bar. Cocktail lovers – don’t miss one of G&Ts made with Spanish produced gin. Relax with friends over some tapas, have a romantic meal or a corporate meeting at our private room – always in an authentic Spanish style!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is been our third visit to Iberica, and every time the food and the service has been outstanding. The menu is a Tapas menu and although excellent is being upgraded again in April. Once again we were looked after very well by Leo who is both informative and very charming. We will certainly be returning to this fine restaurant again and again. I’m very good addition to Glasgow’s dining scene.

David W, General Manager at Iberica Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear AndrewJBell,

Welcome back to Iberica after visit 3! We hope there will be a 4th very soon!

Leo is an asset to the team and I am delighted that you enjoyed his service and the food that you have eaten with us.

The new menu, what can I really say about it. Well, I think its a step above once more. Amazing food, so definately come and try some of it soon!

We hope to see you again, and I am sure Leo will be working when you come!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We selected around 6 different tapas dishes. We were not disappointed as the food was delicious. There was steady stream of food served by friendly waiters. The ambiance was good and we had a relaxing, memorable evening. I would recommend this restaurant.

David W, General Manager at Iberica Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Cherryblossom123,

Thank you for spending time to review us! I am glad you enjoyed yourselves and the food. Personally I think that having a memorable evening is the best sorts, and I am glad we could add that to your night.

I hope you return shortly, and can sample a totally different 6 tapas, and hopefully still leave just as happy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spend a lot of time and Spain and know the food very well. Iberica does the non-traditional food fairly well, e.g. spinach, pear and walnut salad, but the traditional staples of a tapas menu are very poor. This incudes garlic prawns, pimento de padron, fried calamari, tortilla - all mediocre at best. It's really disappointing because having a good Spanish restaurant in Glasgow would be a joy. Sadly, Iberica is not it.
Service is friendly but extremely slow and inefficient. It will be a long time before I go back , if ever.

Dear PRJG79,

Firstly, thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. I must say that I am a little disheartened to hear about your poor experience of our "traditional" tapas. Our Tortilla for example, is cooked to order and can be done anywhere from "rare" to "well done". I don't think there are many places that can say that.

The service however, is something that I do care deeply about and am sorry you experienced a slow and inefficient meal with us.

If you do decide to return to see if that was just a one off, I am sure you will see that we can be as efficient and attentive as we should be.

Hope to see you once more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just arrived in Glasgow and Iberica was next to our hotel, so it was a quite easy choice (especially since we love tapas). We hadn't made a reservation (it's better to make one) however they very kindly offered us a table. The waiter (I think his name was Leo) was very kind and helpful. We had tapas (the scottish scallops and the two burgers), a tortilla and the platter with the four cheeses with bread. We had a white wine (the wine was veeery good; unfortunately I don't remember which one it was). The tortilla was good (not the best that I've tasted but still very good). The tapas were very tasty, especially the little burgers!! I totally recommend Iberica!! :)

Dear Spyrido,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! I am happy you chose us as your first meal in Glasgow and hope you enjoyed eating at the various restaurants around the city as I definitely think Glasgow has some of the best food going!

Leo is an asset to our company, and its always good to hear great reviews about him.

I hope next time you are visiting in Glasgow, you come to see us again!

Safe journeys and travels, and see you soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We called in here on our recent trip to Glasgow. It is a very atmospheric place, looking like a former bank or insurance office. It is a tapas restaurant with an excellent menu and wine list.

We decided to choose just two tapas each, which turned out to be a good idea as they were rather large. The food was first class. I can’t remember the wine we chose but it was also of the highest quality. Staff were attentive and the pricing overall was rather good.

So, full marks there to everything about the restaurant.

But, then something strange happened. We turned up at 16:05, two days later. We walked in though the main doors by the booking desk and stood there awaiting a table. Shortly after, an older woman walked over and just glared at us as if to say “what do you want?”. We’re pretty certain she was a member of staff as she was first attending some diners on a nearby table. She made no attempt to greet us and made us feel so uncomfortable that we walked out, never to return.

David W, General Manager at Iberica Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Kenc,

Firstly, thank you for calling our wine and tapas list excellent, we do pride ourselves in bringing the best ingrediants from Spain to make the taste as authentic (with some twists) as possible!

Addressing the thing that was a little strange: We don't have any female members of staff that fits that description. All of our female members are under 30, so I apologise if someone who wasn't from our team has given you a wrong impression of us.

Back onto positives, we are having a menu change on March 26th, so hopefully if you decide to come back once more, you will be as impressed with our new menu as with our old!