“Won’t be back”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Visit Toni Macaroni regularly especially on a Sunday as it’s good food and a decent price however I was incredibly disappointed after a recent trip to the Dunfermline restaurant. We booked our table for 1800, we arrived early and were seated with no issues. Staff took our order fairly quickly and starters and drinks came with no issues however staff were not the friendliest but no real issues at this point. We finished our starters and ordered 2 glasses of tap water which took a good 15-20minutes to arrive. It was fairly busy however others around us go their drinks so it was clearly just forgot about. Our starters were finished around 1820 however 1900 came and went without our main courses, it was almost impossible to speak to a member of staff to ask at this point they were just wizzing by or shouting at each other over tables to make sure orders were taken or the member of staff who took charge of the card machine knew when a bill was given to a table. One waiter stood over a table, shouted to the waitress and waved the bill in front of the couples faces to make sure she knew where to go next. The kitchen staff were extremely loud and regularly shouted over to each other, the music was incredibly loud and in all honesty the atmosphere was that of a fast food (cue the irony) restaurant, it was meant to be a relaxing meal out however it was anything but. Eventually after we managed to flag someone down to ask how long our mains would be, discussions were had between the kitchen staff, waiter and manager in another language with voices getting slightly raised, we didn’t know what was said but clearly they forgot about us and a number of tables who arrived after us were served both their starters and were finished their mains before we got ours. The manager came over and said it would be 2 minutes, it wasn’t 2 minutes but not too much longer. The manager said we would get our desserts on the house which we appreciated however there was no verbal apology to the delay. We finished our desserts and asked for our bill but after paying we noticed that one main course was charged at the A La Carte menu price which we queried, the manager came over with the menu stating he had told us the starter we ordered was not on the Presto Sunday menu which we agreed with and clarified again that it was the main we were questioning. He covered the 1 course for £6.95 price with his thumb while stating he needed to put the starter and main through separately as the starter wasn’t part of the deal. We had to ask him to move his thumb and ask why the pizza as a 1 course from the presto menu was charged as an A la carte only at this point did he say he would refund us the difference. No apology. Very dissatisfied with our visit on this occasion as I felt we were ignored, forgotten about and felt they deliberately tried to a avoid refunding us for the over charged main course. Of course we acknowledge the free desserts as an apology for the 50minute wait for our main courses but all in all it doesn’t make up for a very underwhelming visit. Don’t think we will be returning.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Booked here for today with my 16 year old daughter. We pitched up five minutes early and were seated right away. We were asked for our drinks order as we sat down , but hadn't decided yet . So drinks and food order were taken together ...we shared a starter of mozzarella sticks which arrived within 5 minutes..once we demolished that, our mains arrived within another few minutes .. I found the staff to be attentive and one in particular joked away with us . Food was of great quality. Wasn't a huge day out as we were literally ony in for 35 minutes and left with my daughters leftover pizza all boxed up. Bill worked out at around £1 per minute Not sure if that shows how greedy we were , or if the speed of service was excellent ..we would definitely go back

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Will never go here again. Had a couple of similar experiences but thought we would give it another try. Booked a table for 6:30 and arrived about 25 minutes early but got seated straight away. Good start. The young lad that served us came over immediately and took our drinks order, great. Placed our orders, 2starters and for main, 2 pizzas and a pasta dish. Waited about half an hour for our starters.... okay, we were in no rush. Ate the starters then sat waiting for our meals. Noticed tables coming in all around us, it was busy so we thought, okay, they are just finding their feet after lockdown. Gradually noticed that table after table who were coming in after us was getting their meals..... we were still waiting. An hour and a half after arriving, I decided I had to say something. The young waiter apologised and went straight over to the kitchen staff. The manager came and brought us a drink, on the house. Another 20 minutes passes..... still nothing.... table who had recently arrived got their pizzas. We’d had enough! Called the manager over again, he sent another member of staff who just stood looking at me as if to say, “what is your problem?” Okay, enough is enough, hubby said right , just cancel the food order, we got up to leave just as the young lad came across with the food. Went up to pay for what we’d had and the manager just shooshed me away. Okay, drinks and started were on the house but the manager made no attempt to apologise or acknowledge that we were leaving.... downright rude!

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank CLymburn
Reviewed 22 December 2020

My family and I ventured out for the first time this year taking my elderly mother to try and celebrate Christmas and feel a bit festive. Tony Macs has always been our fave and we have been visiting since it first opened when my now 8 year old was a baby. Mauro who is always amazing and offers a warm welcome always was sadly not there as it was his day off. However, Pedro and the rest of the guys were brilliant. We felt safe and everything was clean, socially distanced. The team wore masks. Track and trace at the door. I felt safe taking my mum there who I have made stay at home pretty much the whole of this year.

The food was awesome as usual and for the first time this year we felt some kind of normality. My kids loved their food as did my mum and I. It was great to be in that familiar and welcoming atmosphere with great food.

Thanks everyone at Tony Macs Dunfermline. Have a fantastic Christmas and a great New Year. See you in 2021, hopefully lockdown only lasts the three weeks.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

Ordered meal for collection. Ready promptly as per text message. Pizzas good. Arancini ok. Salmon pasta £11, sauce had split and salmon was scant. Filled in feedback on website. No contact.

Date of visit: December 2020