“Favourite night out in Edinburgh!”
Review of The Hermitage Bar

The Hermitage Bar
Ranked #37 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Cozy, great atmosphere, fantastic food and (as we stumbled upon by pure chance) - we were there on a Tuesday night so got to enjoy a fun night of Pub Trivia! We were there with another couple, and all four meals were 10/10. GF options on the menu as well. Espresso martini is a must try! As are the desserts. Yum!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve often talked about the need for a pub in south Edinburgh that does really good food. Having been three times in the past 6 months, this place really has come up trumps. The menu is varied with plenty of thought into food for all dietary requirements. From the kids food, to the burgers, Sunday Roasts, Asian influenced food and lovely pies. To cap this it has a cracking drinks menus with excellent value wine, cocktails and excellent beers. So many well know local producers are selected. And finally the all important service is exemplary. Lovely friendly staff who make the atmosphere a pleasure to be in. Loving this place ✅✅✅✅✅

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice and cosy atmosphere a great place for just a drink or a dinner. Excellent service, drinks and verry good pub food.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Just love this place. Pop in for a beer with friends fairly regularly however today was a birthday event including 6 kids aged 6months to 3 yrs. Food was great (for the little ones as well), attentive service and a fun atmosphere for the rugby. Nice coffee and a food selection of beers and cocktails.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I have never been a Scotch whisky drinker, but was curious about the choices while visiting Scotland. My adult son found this bar (within walking distance of our hotel) on TripAdvisor, so we took a chance. A very warm, friendly atmosphere. We sat at the bar and I put myself in the capable hands of the barmaid who quizzed me about what liquors I do enjoy and, based on that sample, let me sniff some of the many Scotches they have available. Oh, my! I had no idea each single-malt whisky would be so distinctively different from every other one! While I preferred the milder Jura whisky (and also fell in love with Balvenie Caribben Cask 14-yr), my son loved the smoky flavours of the peaty whiskies. We stayed so long we ended up eating here and really enjoyed their appetizer selections. Another evening we went in for dinner, and while the burger was very good, it was huge--not a recommendation for someone with an average to light appetite by any means. If we lived in the area, I think this would be our home-away-from-home pub; it was that friendly and comfortable.