Hotel Ceilidh-Donia
  • Breakfast included
US$150
US$136
  • Restaurant
Stay Central Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$191
US$176
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Edinburgh City Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
US$75
1,092 results
All reviewsarthur's seatcity centresalisbury armsholyrood parkcommonwealth poolminute bus ridea quiet residential arearoyal milesmall hoteleggs benedictgreat hoststriple roombreakfast was includedfrequent busesgreat showerfriendly hotelno lift
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a Lovely place and a lovely family hosting. If ever in Edinburgh stay here. It’s only a 10 minute taxi ride to the center of town. The Rooms and service is great, very charming. Just a walk up the stairs.we came early and were able to rave our bags which was really helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Ceilidh-Donia, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank your for your review, we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Please do not read reviews older than 2015. These reviews were at a time before the current owners.

My friend and I stayed at the Ceilidh-Donia last night and we will be staying again. Its a beautifully quiet hotel, just a short bus trip from main Edinburgh sights.
The room was lovely, plenty of space, clean, well furnished, the beds were very comfy and the shower was hot and powerful.
The staff were friendly, helpful and genuinely interested.

The breakfast was fabulous!

If I had one teeny tiny issue, it was that the hot towel rail in the bathroom was too hot and burnt my hand a couple of times. ...but the towels were warm, dried quickly and fluffy, so I shouldn't complain.

We will be returning. Definitely.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol G

Thank you for your review, so kind of you to leave a review, we will ensure the towel rails are turned down, all of your comments are extremely helpful.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes Susan, Kevin and all the team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked 5 nights recently (traveling alone) - great price for Edinburgh. I arrived early and my room was ready which was nice. The next morning I had trouble with my shower but the owner Kevin was very accommodating and moved me to another room. The hotel is in a lovely neighborhood - about 1.5 miles away from the city centre. I walked into town each day instead of taking a bus or cab so that can get tiring after a long day but it's doable. Kevin was very helpful when asked about tours - I booked a 12 hour Highlands tour with Rabbie's and the morning I had to leave they left a packed breakfast outside my door. The breakfast room is lovely and the hot breakfasts very nice. The beds, sheets, pillows are very comfy.
The only con I had was the walls are thin - one night my neighbors kept me up till 2 a.m. But other than that, I do recommend this to travelers - just be aware you are not in the city proper. Kevin and staff are wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor (one flight up in this case)
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to meet you and get to know you. We hope you are well and very much appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My husband and I arrived early in the day for our 4 night stay at the Ceilidh-Donia. We were met as soon as we walked in by Susan, who was extremely welcoming. Since our room wasn't ready then, Susan showed us to a room where we could keep our bags and showed us where we could freshen up before we started our day. She gave us a great map and told us how to get about town, which was very helpful since we had never been there before. As we came and went from the hotel, we were greeted either by Susan or her husband Kevin who was equally helpful. One evening when we came back to the hotel the cab's credit card machine was down. Kevin lent us the money to pay the driver--totally saving us:) The breakfasts here were wonderful. Everyone who works here is very kind and goes above and beyond to make sure that your visit is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
Ceilidh-Donia, Owner at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your review, we miss you guys, glad you are home safe and well, thank you for your wonderful comments, look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

If ever you find yourself heading for a stay in Edinburgh then please make a reservation at the Hotel Ceilidh-Donia. Everything is super and every detail covered to make your trip comfortable - from helpful transport and local information at the foot of the stairs, lovely smelling bathroom products, scrumptious choices at breakfast, really helpful staff and super clean and comfy rooms.
The bust stop is just around the corner making a perfect recipe for a busy day in the city and then a lovely relaxing evening and a peaceful nights sleep at the hotel. Or if your more active - a good walk into town, taking in some nice scenery and shops along the way. Just Fab!

Stayed: April 2018
Ceilidh-Donia, Owner at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for your review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, your comments are very much appreciated.