“Gin!!!”

Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: A welcoming brasserie located in the heart of Edinburgh, One Square offers a modern Scottish take on drinking and dining. Open from early in the morning until the wee small hours, this is a place to enjoy local and seasonal produce in perfectly relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I got brought a gin tasting experience at One Square for my birthday....our host was John, a chirpy fellow who quite frankly blew our minds with his knowledge and skills. From Monkey 47 to Gin Mare, me and my wife learnt loads and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. We stayed for dinner afterwards and weren’t disappointed!! Well done John you legend!!

SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at One Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for leaving such positive feedback about our One Square team and your experience with us last week! We take pride in our Ginnasium tastings and are glad that you had the opportunity to learn and relax with us at the same time. I have passed on your feedback to John who is most pleased and would like to thank you for leaving such kind words.

Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to One Square Bar and Restaurant in the very near future.

Warm Regards,
Tessa Collingwood
Food & Beverage Co-ordinator

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous time tasting Gin with our gin expert ‘John’. John was incredibly knowledgeable about Gin and was able to give us a huge amount of information and the Gin making process. He asked us about our favourite favours and made great suggestions about what we should taste and try. We had an amazing evening. Thanks to John for being an incredible host!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our fantastic Ginnasium Experience and leaving us with a five star review! John is very happy with your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at our One Square Bar again soon!

Let me know!! 

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to the Gin tasting for our friends birthday and we were served by Florian who could not have made the experience any better. Florian was informative about the gin but also very chatty and humorous which made us all feel at ease. The gin tasting itself was excellent and we all came away saying that we will do it again. Thanks again to Florian!!!

SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at One Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this five star review about our fabulous One Square Bar and Team! Florian is delighted to hear your feedback from your gin tasting and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived by staff, tasted some fantastic gins. Very informative talk from Florian about the history of gin, as well as it’s production and distillation. Felt very personal, as we were at the bar with him, and the little personal touches to our tasting were fantastic and made the experience all the more.
Would highly recommend it if you don’t wanna y kind of big group tasting!
Would definitely book again and recommend to friends.

Dear Guest,
I’d like to thank you for your kind words regarding Florian’s gin tasting. I am glad Florian provided you with a unique experience and hopefully exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our One Square Bar again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant! So much fun. Did this as part of a hen party weekend. 2hrs and 4 different gins with different tonics. Florian was very knowledgable about the gins and I learnt so much! Super wee goodie bag and certificate at the end!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such great feedback for Florian. I hope you enjoy our treats on behalf of One Square and we look forward to welcoming you back using your 15% discount card which I am sure you found in your goodie bag!