“Poor service and limited options ”

Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery
Ranked #1,019 of 2,727 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Three different options we wanted were not available. Then the garlic bread arrived which was a slice of bread and the 'home baked bread' that was supposed to accompany the pate was more sluced bread. Very poor service and dishes weren't cleared away from a nearby area the whole time we were there. Very poor. I will never be back.

General Manager A, Manager at Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your last visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Used this restaurant/ pub for a quick meal on Friday night when travelling through Edinburgh. Although the food was average ( we had the Yorky wraps ), the service by the young waiters was excellent. They were efficient, polite and cheerful. Noticed them serving a very elderly couple and it was a pleasure watching how caring they were with the service.
Value for money YES. Service definitely EXCELLENT. Food, although hot could have done with more filling and was lacking in taste.

General Manager A, Manager at Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you very much for these wonderful comments about our team! We hope you visit us again soon. Thank you ☺️

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Took a friend there after 2pm for a carvery lunch, his first time of visiting.. Waitress took absolute ages to bring our drinks - how long does it take to pour a coffee and a couple of Pepsis? No mention that we were entitled to free soft drink refills. Had to wait for someone to come out from the back to serve our carveries. The meat wasn't hot, the vegetables and gravies even less so. Waitress then took ages again after being asked for our bill. Mentioned lukewarm food when we paid. Cursory apology, nothing more. All that food was then no doubt going to sit at a dubious temperature until evening. Scary. I felt really embarrassed that I had treated a friend to such a poor meal.

General Manager A, Manager at Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your last visit. I can only apologies for this.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Went down for the breakfast all you can eat good value for money a tad expensive for lattes but good value for the food

General Manager A, Manager at Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I took my Mother here for lunch on Monday , it was quiet we had to wait a good few minutes for a person to come to the carvery not, meat looked unappetising a lot of fat on the roast beef which put me off he heard me saying about the fat am sure but still put it on plate, veg didn’t look fresh , and then sat down to eat to an almost cold dinner I was so hungry so I just carried on , my mum told the waitress and she just said ‘I’ll tell the chef ‘ I haven’t felt very well since Tuesday sickness and shivers whether it was down to the food who knows !!!

General Manager A, Manager at Lauriston Farm Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback, if uou would like to discuss this further please contact us directly via email on lauristonfarm@tobycarvery.co.uk