5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$131
Hotels.comUS$131
PricelineUS$131
eDreamsUS$131
TravelocityUS$132
ZenHotels.comUS$229
3,236 results
All reviews princes street scott monument castle view waverley station christmas market excellent location superior room old town edinburgh city few minutes walk short break royal mile haggis jenners tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is incredibly dated, and not very clean. The basic room which we booked was dreadful. View of air vents, duvet doesn’t reach the end of the bed, tiny, dust everywhere. We ended up upgrading to a premium room, which had a great views, larger but still very dated, bathrooms were the same, tiny shower over a bath that was too small to stand under, a toilet that made loads of noise when refilling, no iron, old tv, worn out towels a sofa and a bed that the sheets wouldn’t stay on.
The staff were nice enough. But for the same price you can stay at other much better hotels just down the road. I wouldn’t stay again, I’ve never stayed in a mecure before and I plan on actively avoiding in the future.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Rooms were OK. Comfortable enough with bath/shower. The only member of staff we met was the receptionist when we checked in. Found her very abrupt and rude... sort of puts you off as they are the ambassadors of the hotel. Didn't eat here as restaurant was full for breakfast. Plenty of places around for breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Nice place, dated and lacking electrical sockets. We were in a privilaged room with balcony which was fantastic.... but I did miss sockets ( 2 in room total ) and no air con. We had door/window open and obviously as its in the center it was loud. No fridge was also a disadvantage as was the strange lifts and keycards that were hit and miss.
All in all, for the price paid and location, it was VERY good value for money and the staff were extremely polite and helpful :)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

I chose this hotel, because I have stayed in Mercure before and have been very happy with them. However, this was not the case with this hotel. My husband and myself arrived after 11pm, the check in was quick and easy, but once we got to our room we were in for a shock.I had read lots of reviews commenting on the poor condition of this hotel, but I always like to judge for myself, and I don't think I have ever written a bad review before, but this hotel needs refurbishing. We were in room 378, overlooked a fire escape!! No safe!! when we enquired about this, we were told that they don't supply safes in the back of the building, yet we had paid the same money as the people in the front!! we stayed for a week, not 2/3 or 4 days, but a week, you would think that because of this we could have had a bit of scenery. Because of this pandemic we had to request a maid come in and clean the room, this happened once in our whole stay, and when she did come in, no bed was changed, as far as I could see, just a bit of basic cleaning!!When the toilet was flushed it made a very loud flushing noise, we wouldn't flush in the early hours for fear of waking any other guests up. I know the room is only a base, whilst you're on holiday, but I expect more for my money. Like all the other reviews I read, the hotel is in a prime spot, excellent for buses, shopping and pubs, but apart from that it has nothing to offer! Some money needs to be spent on it!

Room tip: A room at the front of the building
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is simply awful.

Shower temp control did not work and would only pour out burning hot water.

Room was boiling hot with a towel rail on that could not be turned down/off.

When you open the window there is a noise extractor fan connected to what must be a commercial kitchen. Very smelly.

DIRTY.

Staff, bless them, are very aware of all of these issues but cannot her management to fix.

Awful hotel that should be avoided at all expense…. Especially at £185 per night

Trip type: Traveled on business