US$306
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$146
US$116
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)
US$198
US$160
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,226 results
All reviewscity centreno lifttraditional hotellovely hotelbus stopbus servicedouble roomgreat roomhaggisfamily roomstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastprinces streetbraidedmorningsidereceptionist
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed for a couple of nights because there's a new baby in town. Literally. She's 6 weeks old and lives close to the hotel, so we booked 3 rooms for the family visit. I was in twin room 334, which is farthest from reception. It faces the park, so not very interesting. If you turn the radiator up full, the room is red hot pretty quick. The extractor fan makes a noise if it's windy. I had a shower at 6pm and it took a good 10 minutes for the hot water to get there. The room is a decent size and the bathroom is big.
One night we ate in the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good. The new baby was there because the place is very child friendly. The food was excellent, quickly served by friendly staff. Breaded Haddock. and hand made chips.
The hotel is a bus ride from the middle of the city, but there's a bus stop nearby. Plenty of free hotel parking. I've mentioned the very good bar in a previous review. The only gripe I have is that I was on my own, but had to pay full price [£240] for 2 nights. No single occupancy, but it was Easter.

Room Tip: 306 has city view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and I can't fault the hotel and staff at all.The staff were very helpful and polite always nothing was too much trouble.Highly recommended and will be staying at this hotel again when we next visit Edinburgh.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank stephenroper100
Michael B, Manager at Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear stephenroper100

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Braid Hills Hotel.
It is always lovely to see great reviews following a guest’s stay and please be assured that your comments have been passed to our team members.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Hotel is in a good location, just a 5 minute car ride into the old town. Walking would take a while however. Room was very nice and had a real old world feel which we really love. view of Edinburgh was fantastic!

Had dinner at the hotel restaurant one night. Really good restaurant with a very nice atmosphere.

The ONLY reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars, believe me I wanted to, was because of small issues with the sink and shower draining SUPER slow. Other than that I would say this is a perfect place to stay! And plenty of parking too!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReconES

Dear ReconES

Thank you for taking the time to leave a such a fantastic review of the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, I will ensure that the staff are aware of your lovely comments. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great location overlooking city on one side and hills on other .
Food very good I ate from pub area menu .The service was great and the staff excellent .Clean room , nice shower .
Great choice for breakfast I enjoyed my stay although it was only for one night .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank darrend12017

Dear darrend12017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, I will ensure that the staff are aware of your lovely comments. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Hotel is great, clean, staff are warm and friendly. Food is great and hotel is in a beautiful location and has free parking. Shell garage nearby to fill up for my trip home, and a bus route on the road outside into town for £1.70 (one way) and takes about 15mins into town. A great experience and Sarah on reception is a credit to Best Western.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank the59s0und

Dear the59s0und

What a fantastic 5* review! It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure to have you here and I hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your lovely comments on to Sarah and it is much appreciated.

Kindest Regards