“Impressed”

Price range: US$26 - US$46
Neighborhood: New Town
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband booked a table of 10 here for my birthday. I have allergies to onions, garlic and nuts so had stressed this when booking. Also one of our party was a pescatarian.

At first I was a bit offended when the wait staff referred to my allergies as being “a lot of allergies for one person” it is not really thing to say when they don’t know the difficulties of dealing with the allergies however they quickly redeemed themselves by explaining the meats I could have and then got a chef to take me round the salad bar. When it came apparent there was not a lot I could actually eat the chef offered to make me some accompaniments fresh. They were delicious. The waiter also then came back to check I had been able to get something to eat, which was very much appreciated.

They also gave me a complimentary birthday dessert which was a lovely touch.

I would recommend to both meat and non- meat lovers but do go with a big appetite.

Thank you fazenda.

FazendaRodizio, Guest Relations Manager at Fazenda Rodizio Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Julie

We are so happy to hear that you chose Fazenda to celebrate such a special occasion.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the floor staff, I understand how difficult it must be to dine out with dietary restrictions, and the jest was made in poor taste. We pride ourselves on our ability to cater to a wide range of dietary needs so please allow me to assure you that waiter intended no offense.

I am really happy to see that you appreciated our chef's effort in preparing you fresh accompaniments, as we do really care about making our guests feel special and their needs met.

We hope that you had a happy birthday and especially enjoyed the delicious dessert on the house!

We thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Fazenda.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were invited to dinner at Fazenda back in February for the opening friends and family week. We had such a lovely evening! Staff were friendly, smiley, helpful and showed us to our table right away even though we were slightly early. Beautiful décor and plenty of Brahma beer on tap. My partner is a real meat eater so he was in heaven, absolutely loving all of the different cuts of beef and the lamb. I liked the tender gammon a lot. The salad bar in itself was so extensive with a huge amount of choice and I would have been happy just to have the salad bar options for my dinner! It was a really fun evening and great to do something different from the norm. The experience is a wee bit pricey but definitely worth the money, especially for a special occasion.

Hello Charlotte M

We're delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to Fazenda, especially in a time when our staff was in training.

Our meats are carefully chosen to satisfy the meat eater coming into our restaurant.

The gourmet salad bar is freshly prepared daily and its variety is to complement the meat.

We feel that Our high-quality products and top guest service, reflect the value of the experience.

We can't wait to welcome you again at our restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had heard through the grapevine Fazenda was opening in Edinburgh and booked a table for my wives birthday.On being seated the concept was explained to us. So off we set filling our plates with the lovely salad on offer. We turned over our card to alert the waiters we were ready to try the meats available and try we did. The chicken was so moist and tasty I had another piece, then various joints of beef were served, cooked to your preference from rare to well done, then delicious lamb and finally chicken hearts. As it was a birthday meal my wife was offered a cocktail and at the end of the meal a birthday surprise of chocolate sponge and fruit. It may not be the cheapest place we will ever eat but certainly ranks as one of the best. A further visit is a must. The service was exceptional and we were well looked after. Thanks Katherine Steven and Lea

Hello Jim T,

We are thankful for you choosing Fazenda to celebrate your wife's birthday and that have appreciated our little surprise.

Our grill chefs are careful into cooking the point of meat to every guest's taste, we're glad you have appreciated this.

The salad bar is freshly prepared and displayed to compliment the meal.

Looking forward into welcoming you again at Fazenda.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Found this place by accident as the restaurant we wanted to go to was fully booked...im so glad it was or we would have never have found this place.....it's amazing....food...staff...surroundings are just perfect....will definitely be back.

FazendaRodizio, Guest Relations Manager at Fazenda Rodizio Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello lynn0273,

We are truly glad that you have found us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

A carnivore's dream is all I can say here. Well notequite all - I've got 100 characters to fill!

Entering from George Street there's a big bright bar and a host/hostess station with staff waiting to welcome you.

The restaurant is huge but the atmosphere is warm and lively so not intimidating. (175 covers apparently).

We were led to our table, seated and coats taken then we were given guidance on "how things work" in Fazenda and that was it - straigh into it! within 15 minutes or arriving I was wandering around the extensive "Gourmet Sides Bar" trying to work out what NOT to eat - all of it looked lovely.

Then the meat arrives...

I was sat facing a mirror and could see the red-clad staff carrying their carvin knives and skewers of meat ghosting in and out of tables. The smells were amazing and when I finally had my first bit of meat (the Alcatra or Rump) I was hooked.

There are 8 meats to try at lunchtime (remember it's a fixed price all you can eat thing!) and I tried every one of them and without exception they were delicious. Everything is cooked rare to medium rare which I love but they will prepare some more well done meat as needed. Note that this isn't a pile everything on experience. You've got your sides and there are members of the team wandering about serving fries (tasty and crispy too!) but the Meat team will deliver you a slive or two of each meat as it comes round. This makes for a much more relaxed style than you might expect with pleasant gaps between one delivery and the next. (I did overhear one couple note that they'd been there for nearly three hours!)

I'd be really hard pressed to speak of favourites but I do have to mention it Picanha - "Cap of Rump". This meat is so tender and favourful that it's difficult to credit. The chicken thighs were on point as were the Brazilian sausages but the three winners were definitely the Picanha, the Lamb and the Alcatra for me!

Lastly service all round was excellent.

100% recommended.

Hello Shooglenifty,

Thank you for such positive and warm review.

A lot of effort was put into designing and decorating the space, so it is warming and welcoming.

It is lovely that you have noticed all the hard work performed by all Fazenda team that focus on to deliver a great experience.

Our meat is carefully selected, grilled and carved to our guests so that the flavors are elevated.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.