“Retirement lunch”
Review of The Torfin

The Torfin
Ranked #437 of 2,639 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1st time in the Torfin with my family for a meal on Easter Sunday .it was to celebrate my retirement somewhere local . and boy we were not disappointed Ross our server was 1st class with helping us to choose from the special menu . And great with my 3 grandchildren when our food and drinks were served the whole team swung into action and everyone was served together. This place is a breath of fresh air to this area and will definitely be visiting again . Well done to all the staff 10/10

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a night away to visit Edinburgh zoo. My partner likes to research where to eat before we go, and this was one of the places that we decided would be a good option for tea.
Arrived on Monday night and rang to book a table, was told no need so we popped straight along. Was really surprised that there was only 2 other tables of customers, I was a bit worried at this point that it maybe wouldn't be as good as we had anticipated. However decor was lovely and staff really friendly so decided to stay. We were offered options of tables and our drinks order was taken really quickly, and no quarms about us ordering food at the same time. I wanted to order the normal burger with macaroni cheese on the side and Ross, our waiter, advised me to get the macaroni cheese burger instead. My partner ordered the goats cheese burger, but swapped for chicken. This was no issues either. Food came literally in about 6/7 minutes (again I was a bit apprehensive about this, as made me think it wasn't so fresh), tucked straight into the fries which were perfectly crispy, had a bit of the burger which was cooked to perfection and clearly made on site. The whole dish was absolutely perfect ( I Must also say, I am very difficult to please when going out for food as I love to cook and usually feel like I'm paying for something I can easily replicate at home- This was absolutely not the case here however). Waiter was funny and the perfect amount of attentiveness, knowing when and when not to come over. I must also say I'm not the type of person to hang around after I have eaten either, so it was really nice that the food was quick and the waiter was happy to bring us the bill as soon as we had finished. After being extremely happy with the dish, we received the bill and was shocked to see it was only £18 for two burgers and two soft drinks. This was then we realised that it was burger night and each burger was half price! This was just the cherry on top. I also was very appreciative of the level of service we received despite being a very low value table, it was far above what we usually receive whilst out for tea.
Decided to return for breakfast the next day before we visited the zoo, I had eggs benedict which was amazing and my partner had the pancakes. These were quite crispy and buttery which was not to her liking, but I tried them and really enjoyed them, so this was more to do with persona taste. We decided to share the dishes and we both felt satisfied with our meal. Again after we ordered we heard the waitress telling another table breakfasts were buy one get half price, which meant our breakfast was relatively cheap too at £16.
I would absolutely return here when we visit Edinburgh again and think anyone in the area should give this new business a go.
If I had one piece of advise I would say scrap all the offers (although I did appreciate them) I think the business is underselling themselves for what they offer and I think sometimes too many offers makes it appear like it won't be good quality, which this is. I assume this is to get people in as it is a new business, but I would say lose some of them as the business is worth more than what they are being paid for. Just my opinion though.
Anyways sorry for the essay but felt it was deserved.

1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The torfin is a lovely restaurant with scrumptious food, very attentive staff, nice decor
We had the easter special menu which was delicious and reasonably priced. The sticky toffee pudding was out of this world and the chocolate martini cocktail recommended by our waitress was the icing on the cake!
Will definitely be back to sample more fab food

1  Thank Cloustonclan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful meal at The Torfin food was excellent staff very attentive and professional, food was extremely good as was the special chocolate cocktail for Eater with mini eggs on the side was heaven would thoroughly recommend

1  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Torfin is a great addition to Corstorphine. Food is simple but very tasty, the Penang Beef curry was lovely. The staff are very attentive even though it was very busy. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank MBrowne