“Breakfast bliss ”

The Refinery St Andrew Square
Reserve with OpenTable
The Refinery St Andrew Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #799 of 2,731 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Perfectly located in the heart of Edinburgh, The Refinery is the newest addition to the city's thriving drinking and dining scene. A simply stunning setting combining industrial sophistication with Scottish comforts. Day or night, from business breakfasts to long dinner dates, The Refinery St Andrew Square is your escape from the everyday.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Slightly concerned that they didn't have my OpenTable reservation, but we were quickly shown to our table. Excellent breakfast options inc. gluten free toast for me. Excellent service from the waitress.

DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi KevinCoaker,

Thanks for sending us your feedback.

OpenTable are a third party that we use, normally these are sent straight through to us, I will check in with them to see if there are any issues at their end. I will leave our direct email here for future bookings- info@refinerystandrew.co.uk

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We'd had a fairly mixed experience last time we were here, but we visited again mainly because we were looking for somewhere central before going on to the theatre.
I wouldn't normally review a second time but this experience was so different from the last that I only thought it fair.
When I phoned they couldn't initially accommodate us at the time I'd requested, but the girl on the phone was really helpful and moved things around so we could come in a little earlier.
It was really busy, but the staff who served us were all very pleasant and really helpful, and despite it being so busy the service was really efficient.
The food we had was very tasty (I can definitely recommend the buttermilk chicken burger) and also pretty reasonably priced.

1  Thank Tallulah707
DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Tallulah707, thank you for taking the time to send us more feedback.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your second time with us! I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff. We do hope to see you again soon so do feel free to book in on info@refinerystandrew.co.uk

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were checked into our hotel before 10am- we were staying in the Ibis Syles. We decided to go for breakfast and The Refinery is only across the green. Full scottish breakfast and the vegetarian breakfast ordered. Drinks are charged separately. Food was nice- nothing amazing. With tea and coffee the bill came to almost £25 - expensive for breakfast.

Hi marcolet,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope the rest of your stay in Edinburgh was good! Sorry to hear you feel our pricing is high, we feel our prices are relevant to our location. I will pass on your comments to our management and we do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.
Thanks The Refinery Team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this restaurant for dinner on a afternoon walk around Edinburgh looked very friendly & warm,
When we arrived at 7.30 they took us to a lovely table only my partner said it was freezing because we were near the front door so we asked to be moved, we got our starter of lollipop prawns I’d recommend these very tasty, cocktail drink rumba very nice & went down well, we both had steak with fries it surprised us because it may have been a small serving but it was filling,
I give a 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ sorry I don’t have many photos to show you but I’ll stick on what I have.

DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi DonnadeVere,
Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! The Rumba cocktail is new on our menu and seems to be proving very popular! Do let is know if you would like to join us again and we can organise a nice table for you- info@refinerystandrew.co.uk

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited on various occasions and although the food has only ever been “ok” the atmosphere has been great. This time I was really upset as it was my birthday dinner. I reserved one of the high tables in the bar but on arrival there was mass confusion....”your table has been moved upstairs” to “we don’t have a table reserved for you”. I dug my heels in as we didn’t want to sit upstairs in the quiet area. Eventually told that they managed to get me a table in the bar because “the other party don’t mind moving upstairs” - sounded like the girl had done me a favour?!?! No apology for inconvenience! Service fine but certainly not warm.

DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi LizzieMGFisher,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your full experience with us on your last visit. Although we never fully guarantee a particular table or area, I am sorry to hear there was confusion over your booking. Our hosts should be on hand to assist where they can so I will pass on your experience to our sales manager to ensure this doesn't happen again.
We do hope you will join us again to let us display our usual Drake & Morgan standards.
Thanks, The Refinery Team.