“Great place. We found there”
Review of China Red

China Red
Ranked #368 of 2,404 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

Great place. We found there was a lot of choice and thank you for catering towards vegetarians we would return.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (403)

Reviewed 9 September 2020

My mum, niece and I visited here on Sat night, this would be our first time here. After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive. However I like to form my own opinion so I thought we'd give it a go. I booked a table via Facebooks messenger and got a reply straight away so I think this is the easiest way to book. We arrived a wee bit early and were greeted warmly by a female member of staff who showed us to our table. I'd requested a booth and this is what we got. The lady explained how it would work re the covid regulations so we felt reassured that rules were being adhered to. We went up and were very pleased with the variety of food on offer and have to say, everything we ate was so tasty. I usually find buffets a bit hit and miss but was definitely impressed by this place. The staff were so smiley and friendly, made us feel so welcome which was lovely. The lady who attended to us was Irish and unfortunately, we didn't ask for her name but she really was amazing. Attentive and efficient, she made sure we had everything we needed and carried my mum's plate over to the table for her, which was so sweet. This lady is a credit to this restaurant. For that reason and for the food being so nice, we'd most definitely go back anytime we are through in Edinburgh. Thanks for a great night.

Date of visit: September 2020
3  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

1. Quite professional Chinese food, if you like proper Chinese food, definitely can have a try.
2. Good staffs here to know. I usually go here, so familiar with all the staffs working here, but I just realized the guy I usually talked to was the owner here after last time talking. But he does all the job, clean the table, help order the food, and something else. I like this kind of humble man.
3. Good service. They really care about customers reviews on the food, if you have some suggestions, tell them, they’ll absorb the useful part.

1  Thank rhondayy
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Had booked a table but turned up on the day to find the place closed due to a "toilet problem" . Ok, these things happen, but the only indication was a printed notice stuck outside. No staff around to apologise. Why could they not at least have phoned people with bookings to let to let them know before setting out for the restaurant?

3  Thank Eastergranny
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Pain to book in a table!!!!! Trying 2days, the website is not found, phone keepa on ringing.
A pain!!!