Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$77
View deal
Expedia.com$77
Hotels.com$77
Travelocity$77
Priceline$77
Trip.com$77
Orbitz.com$77
All reviews botanic gardens nice hotel car park family wedding city centre no lift business trip restaurant staff stayed for one night would highly recommend this hotel walk in shower quiet location reception staff both nights night stay room was large family room
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2022 via mobile

Had booked a standard room for 3 adults for a graduation visit to Dundee. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in to find our son had his own separate room
off ours, complete with TV and coffee/tea making facilities. We just had to share the bathroom. Was great value, private & spacious. We were in room 209.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank VoyageVogage123
Reviewed July 4, 2022

The staff were pleasant and helpful but are let down by company needing to attend to a few matters in a competitive market.
We booked 3 rooms for our stay at the Invercarse hotel in Dundee.
1. King Accessible Room 2. King Room and 3. Quadruple Room. The King Accessible room was anything but accessible. It is located at the very back of the hotel (which is built on a hill) and this requires a very long walk from the reception area and the negotiation of several sets of steps ranging from 3/4 - 5/6 steps. Our party included a 93 and 90 year old who both use walking sticks and zimmer frame. We were told this room was the disabled / elderly room due to the patio door exiting to the outside driveway. However it is simply not acceptable to have to endure a trip outside to move between the bedroom and the dining areas particularly if it is dark and raining. It would be far better to say to potential guests that you cannot accomodate elderly /disabled guests than to have them cope with having to go outside to access the rest of the hotel. Many elderly guests were staying that night and found their bedrooms too far away from reception/dining area. In addition the patio door lock was loose and this had either not been checked or ignored, we had to fix the lock ourselves using a penknife screwdriver.

Quadruple Room
This was used by 3 young adults in 20s. The sheets on 2 of the beds were covered in a thick (and I mean thick) layer of dust. In addition to visible dust that had to be brushed away, the sheets were musty. This we assumed was due to the room being serviced many weeks/months prior to its next use- but again unacceptable. The other rooms were clean however.

King Room
The mattress was terrible with a dip. Mattress really needs to be renewed. I felt as if I was rolling to one side and constantly had to shift position.

The hotel generally had a very basic feel to the rooms which is fine but frankly Premier Inn do that alot better - and so that is where I would go in future. I was disppointed with our group's stay at the Invercarse whichh is a shame as I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was much better.

1  Thank Sheena M
Sean Burke, Owner at Invercarse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2022

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the inconvenience faced by your relatives staying in our disabled access room.

It would be unfair and untrue for us to state to guests who are elderly that we cannot accommodate them.

Our Quad Room was used the night prior to your stay on 28th June.

I would therefore be extremely surprised if there was "a thick layer of dust" accumulating on the beds between the room being serviced at 11.00am and your check-in later that day.

We do not have any rooms that are serviced weeks or months prior to use - we are a busy hotel and our rooms are in use constantly.

Again, I am surprised that you found the mattress in your room so uncomfortable that you could not enjoy your sleep - you have left a rating of 4/5 for sleep.

I cannot accept that you find the hotel to be on the same level as a Premier Inn. I must say that is a ridiculous comparison.

Our Hotel is set in its own private wooded gardens, it has a bar, restaurant, events spaces and provides 3 meal services throughout the day. Our room furnishings and decor are also markedly higher than a budget hotel.

I would note that a member of your party has left this same review on our internal review site and has stated that we should offer him a free/reduced price overnight stay in order to be "convinced there are good quality comfortable rooms to be had".

I would hope this is not the purpose of your review, and that your feedback is given in a constructive manner to allow us to continue to improve our standards.

Reviewed June 30, 2022

I was lucky enough to be invited to a private function and the room we were in was a perfect size for 40 people with a spectacular view of the Tay. Buffet was delicious and staff very attentive.

The following day, because of the experience the night before, I treated my friend to lunch at the hotel and that did not disappoint either. Food amazing and again, staff attentive and not overpowering. Definitely be back.

2  Thank 1408MaggieM
Reviewed June 29, 2022

Hotel has fantastic view, comfortable clean rooms and very helpful staff. Good room options for families. This is our second visit to this hotel and sure we will be back. Right next to Botanic Gardens which is worth a visit too.

1  Thank Ian12321
Reviewed June 29, 2022

Stayed at the Invercarse as a function was being held there, but decided to add on a couple of extra nights. Room was excellent, bed very comfortable. Restaurant food was very good, and the staff were excellent. All in all it was excellent value, and we will be staying here again.

1  Thank Faedanorth