“Family Meal”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Selkirk
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Taste of Spice restaurant in Selkirk is a friendly, bubbling, award-winning Indian eaterie. Known to be Selkirk���s favourite Indian restaurant, Taste of Spice has been highly commended for its HealthyChoice menu offerings, so you can indulge your palate without overindulging. The smart, traditional interior has a casual atmosphere. Signature dishes include Saslik with a choice of chicken, lamb or quack (duck), Jalfrezi Balti, a combo of two great dishes, and Chicken Xacutti, a famous Goan dish unique to Taste of Spice. With five house wines available by the glass and Cobra on draft, this restaurant takes care of everything.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

A great meal was had by us all the food was excellent and the staff very friendly. The price was really reasonable and I would recommend this to anyone who likes Indian food

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

But they were not met. We had the combo for 2 to start, no complaints. Actually, while the chicken pakora was not like any pakora I've had, it was very succulent & pleasant. However, that was the only high. I ordered the veg masala, and it was not a masala. It was a sweet and very sour curry sauce with vegetables. None of the sweetness/warmth that normally comes from coconut, almonds and spices. It was horrible, I only ate a few mouthfuls.The 'garlic' nan tasted like plain dough. My partners curry was okay, just bland. We raised our complaints with 2 staff members, nothing was done and we were still charged full price. Could have been more forgiving of they had tried to rectify it at all.
The clincher was that we were sat at literally the worst table in the restaurant, right next to the toilets (I appreciate it was a busy Friday night, but we had booked at the start of the week), so constant traffic of people, many of which were too lazy to close the door properly behind them, which let in a terrible draught. I must have got up about 5 times through our meal to shut it. The whole table wobbled whenever someone walked by as well.
All in all, a very unpleasant visit. I would recommend going to The Fleece 2 doors down, which I've had a beautiful meal in before.

3  Thank Erin A
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here tonight with my fiancé Highly recommend, been a few times and will most definitely return, good portions and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We spent a night in the small town of Selkirk as we were driving back to Glasgow for our return flight home. It was a cold, damp and dark evening and we needed to find food. It was around 6 p.m. on a Thursday evening, everywhere was quiet. We came across this restaurant, there were a few couples inside, so we decided to give it a try as we love curry. It was the highlight of our evening. The food was absolutely amazing. We licked our platters clean. The service was amazing, the restaurant was clean and the tables were set with white tablecloths. We were very impressed with the whole experience. The food was one of the best curries we have ever eaten. The cost was very inexpensive. I would definitely go back if I was in the area.

7  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Great service and vivid tasty food, a really thoughtful menu makes for a very fine dining experience